• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2024 Minor League Stats, Scouting, Updates, and Reports Thread

4 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Does seem like a little overkill.   Guess they are really working to find clean peanuts.

I don't even think its about looking for clean peanuts, I think its an attempt to create MLB depth at the AAA level.  They thought they had covered their bases last year and they still ended having g to dip into AA for warm bodies at times when the injuries ate through that MLB depth.  In the past they have added guys who had a cup of tea or who never really had a chance for AAA, like LeBlanc and Martin, but the others were viewed as MLB players at one point.  Not saying they were good or even established players but they were MLB regulars none the less.

Seriously, feels like a JV team.

8 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Marisnick, Dozier, Sano, Calhoun, Mejia, White, Leblanc, Martin, Kolarek, Plesac.

Perry has signed himself a JV squad for AAA.

Nothing wrong with that. Mejia being the best of that bunch. 

15 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Nothing wrong with that. Mejia being the best of that bunch. 

Mejia feels like one of those guys who will have a May opt-out if not on the big league club, IMO. Just a totally random thought. 

Catchers tend to have those often.

1 minute ago, totdprods said:

Mejia feels like one of those guys who will have a May opt-out if not on the big league club, IMO. Just a totally random thought. 

Catchers tend to have those often.

I still wish they had added a catcher adept at the defensive side of the game.  I fully believe some of the issues on the mound were due to the inexperience behind the plate.  

On 1/25/2024 at 5:37 AM, Inside Pitch said:

I still wish they had added a catcher adept at the defensive side of the game.  I fully believe some of the issues on the mound were due to the inexperience behind the plate.  

It’s kinda annoying how Perry cited a lack of a veteran catcher as a reason why the pitching was bad, then he trades away the one veteran catcher they have and doesn’t replace him.

Like if you thought that was an issue, then why aren’t you fixing it? And why are you going out of your way to make the issue worse?

6 minutes ago, BTH said:

It’s kinda annoying how Perry cited a lack of a veteran catcher as a reason why the pitching was bad, then he trades away the one veteran catcher they have and doesn’t replace him.

Like if you thought that was an issue, then why aren’t you fixing it? And why are you going out of your way to make the issue worse?

So, Perry is done?

23 minutes ago, BTH said:

He may not be done in general, but the catching market is pretty much picked through.

So, he can't make trades?

Maybe he is done, but the off-season isn't over.

38 minutes ago, T.G. said:

So, he can't make trades?

Maybe he is done, but the off-season isn't over.

He can— and if I’m wrong, I’ll eat crow— but it doesn’t seem to be a priority or something that’ll happen.

Edited by BTH

2 hours ago, Taylor said:

Perry saw the one AB where he got the home run against the Angels and said, "We need to get this guy."

I think he lost a bet with the guy. It probable went like if I get a hit you give me a job next year and if I dont Ill buy you some Taco Bell and Perry was like your on lol.