• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2024 Minor League Stats, Scouting, Updates, and Reports Thread

Man, Mederos has looked like a completely different pitcher from what we saw last year. He has looked more calm and collective while harnessing his command/control of his stuff. There is some really solid #2/3 upside in him with his power stuff. He really does remind me  alot of G-rich before the TJ. 2 plus pitches, with an good curve. 

Koch, in the limited spring training, looks like he can have a solid career with just his sinker alone. He gets that pitch deep inside and hitters are struggling. 

Dana, Dudes getting eyes on him, and I would not be surprised if he finds himself on a few top 100 list either by end of spring or   early in the season. Dominating stuff! 

Angels ranked 30th in the Pipeline farm system rankings:

https://www.mlb.com/news/farm-system-rankings-2024-preseason?t=mlb-pipeline-coverage

30. Los Angeles Angels
2023 midseason rank: 28
2023 preseason rank: 28
2022 midseason rank: 30
2022 preseason rank: 28

Top 100 prospects: Nolan Schanuel, 1B (No. 95)

The Angels get their top prospects to the big leagues so fast, it’s kind of hard to rank the system. Zach Neto made it to the big leagues the April after being drafted in 2022. Schanuel is still a ranked prospect, but after debuting in the same summer that he joined the organization, he won’t be on there for long. There are some interesting far-away talents – largely acquired via international signing periods – to keep an eye on here, starting with No. 2 prospect Nelson Rada.

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

Interesting. He looked solid af. 5 IP I guess isn't much to determine. Maybe they didn't like some things.

I don't think he was ever really a candidate to start the season in the majors.  Agree that he's looked pretty good so far this spring, though.

Edited by jsnpritchett

With Schanuel graduating from the top 30 list, for me Dana is our number 1 prospect! honesty I am surprised that he's starting at AA. I though he'd start at A+ and eventually reach double AA towards the end of the season. 

Francis Texido, seem like another guy to keep an eye on in the lower minors. 18 year with plans to be starting in A. 

53 minutes ago, mmc said:

can someone explain why kochanowicz would be demoted to AA instead of staying at AAA? on it's face, this doesn't sound like a good thing for him. 

17 minutes ago, Tank said:

can someone explain why kochanowicz would be demoted to AA instead of staying at AAA? on it's face, this doesn't sound like a good thing for him. 

Salt Lake is not a good place for our pitchers to develop and Kochanowicz hasn’t even put up a great season in AA before.  It’s the right place to start him IMO.

I’d be fine with the pitchers we’re developing more or less skipping AAA and having Salt Lake’s pitching staff mainly just being MLB caliber vet depth

19 minutes ago, mmc said:

Salt Lake is not a good place for our pitchers to develop and Kochanowicz hasn’t even put up a great season in AA before.  It’s the right place to start him IMO.

I’d be fine with the pitchers we’re developing more or less skipping AAA and having Salt Lake’s pitching staff mainly just being MLB caliber vet depth

Yeah, it seems like the plan is to develop all the actual prospect types in AA.

Paris, Kochanowicz, Mederos, Dana, etc.