• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2024 Minor League Stats, Scouting, Updates, and Reports Thread

23 minutes ago, BTH said:

It’s possible it’s a mistake, but MiLB.tv lists Tri-City as having a video broadcast at home now.

This is what I was referring to last week with regards to Tri-Cities. 

They're supposed to announce it on social media. They told me about it a few weeks back but they wanted to break the news.

Not sure if they have yet. 

1 hour ago, Chuck said:

This is what I was referring to last week with regards to Tri-Cities. 

They're supposed to announce it on social media. They told me about it a few weeks back but they wanted to break the news.

Not sure if they have yet. 

I haven’t seen anything.

Maybe they do it tomorrow when they have their home opener.

Watched a bit of Dana's start today;

Fastball was 94 to 96 and he was getting pasted hitters with ease. I'd give it a 60 grade pitch. 

Slider is his second best pitch, and to me it looks like it was flashing plus. Not a sweeper, but a slider with a tight break. Also a 60 grade pitch

Change, saw a quite a few changes today, I would consider it to an average to above-average pitch. Biggest thing I noticed was a lack of command, missed a quite a few up in the zone compared to his other pitches. The few he located really well down the zone looked Above-average to me. 

Curve, saw a few but not to many. Isn't a put out pitch. 

The upside is still there for him to be a 2/3 in any rotation. I think he still needs work with refining his stuff and control of his pitches. I would probably prefer that he stays in AA thru out the season with a goal of 80 to 100 innings. Next year start him in AA with a shot at a call-up late in the year. There is no real reason to rush him. Let him develop and understand the game. 

4 hours ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Watched a bit of Dana's start today;

Fastball was 94 to 96 and he was getting pasted hitters with ease. I'd give it a 60 grade pitch. 

Slider is his second best pitch, and to me it looks like it was flashing plus. Not a sweeper, but a slider with a tight break. Also a 60 grade pitch

Change, saw a quite a few changes today, I would consider it to an average to above-average pitch. Biggest thing I noticed was a lack of command, missed a quite a few up in the zone compared to his other pitches. The few he located really well down the zone looked Above-average to me. 

Curve, saw a few but not to many. Isn't a put out pitch. 

The upside is still there for him to be a 2/3 in any rotation. I think he still needs work with refining his stuff and control of his pitches. I would probably prefer that he stays in AA thru out the season with a goal of 80 to 100 innings. Next year start him in AA with a shot at a call-up late in the year. There is no real reason to rush him. Let him develop and understand the game. 

We see the same things and have reached similar conclusions regarding Dana. 

My personal hot takes by seasons end;

1. Dana will be the number 1 prospect in our system, top 35 Prospect and top 5 RHP in all of MLB. With My comp being a Corbin Burnes for him. 

2. Rada is the number 2 prospect, and he be anywhere from 45 to 60 in the top 100.

3. Kent makes it as the number 3 prospect, and in the 90-100 range for the top 100. I see a bit of Jose Berrios in him. 

4. Cole Fontenelle, climbs in the the top 10 list for me, and i see him similar to how Alberto Callaspo type of player

5. Hurtado, make it the top 15, with an upside of a #3 or #4. 

37 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

My personal hot takes by seasons end;

1. Dana will be the number 1 prospect in our system, top 35 Prospect and top 5 RHP in all of MLB. With My comp being a Corbin Burnes for him. 

2. Rada is the number 2 prospect, and he be anywhere from 45 to 60 in the top 100.

3. Kent makes it as the number 3 prospect, and in the 90-100 range for the top 100. I see a bit of Jose Berrios in him. 

4. Cole Fontenelle, climbs in the the top 10 list for me, and i see him similar to how Alberto Callaspo type of player

5. Hurtado, make it the top 15, with an upside of a #3 or #4. 

I don't get the hype with Rada. It's fun to daydream because he's so young, but what is the upside? He's small and has no pop. He has good command of the zone, but as the pitchers get more control as he moves up he will probably walk less. He doesn't seem to have the power to keep pitchers from throwing strikes. I get that power is the last thing to develop, but it's not like he's 6' 2" and skinny with a frame to add more weight. There's the occasional Altuve, but I don't like the odds of Rada being close to that. What does he project as in the big leagues? CF David Eckstein?

5 minutes ago, eaterfan said:

I don't get the hype with Rada. It's fun to daydream because he's so young, but what is the upside? He's small and has no pop. He has good command of the zone, but as the pitchers get more control as he moves up he will probably walk less. He doesn't seem to have the power to keep pitchers from throwing strikes. I get that power is the last thing to develop, but it's not like he's 6' 2" and skinny with a frame to add more weight. There's the occasional Altuve, but I don't like the odds of Rada being close to that. What does he project as in the big leagues? CF David Eckstein?

He's 18 years old.

Juan Flores gonna make us forget Edgar Quero.

Also have a good feeling about Randy DeJesus and Anthony Scull. 

I haven’t been as engrossed with the farm the last couple of years. It wasn’t that interesting. It was approaching Dipoto-era levels of bad, but this year is already grabbing my attention a lot more.

3 hours ago, totdprods said:

I haven’t been as engrossed with the farm the last couple of years. It wasn’t that interesting. It was approaching Dipoto-era levels of bad, but this year is already grabbing my attention a lot more.

Yeah, it seems like there’s a lot more interesting young, international prospects now especially in IE.

3 hours ago, eaterfan said:

He was an above average hitter in A ball at 18 years old.

Most 18 year olds were in High School, the DSL, or ACL.

4 hours ago, eaterfan said:

He might be a contact on-base machine with plus speed and defense, and should grow into a little bit of power. More gap power and maybe low double-digit HRs on a good year. 

Almost 1:1 BB to K ratio at 17 in full-season stateside ball is wildly impressive. Even a Ben Revere/Juan Pierre-type profile is in reach and a win for the team, it’s not his fault one of our top 2-3 prospects is that type of player. 

I’m hoping for a Steven Kwan-type outcome. 5’9”, 170 pounds…but still hit 36 doubles, 7 triples, 5 HR last year. Stole 21 of 24. Walked 70 times against 75 whiffs. A .268 BA led to only a league average OPS but still pulled in 3.6 bWAR. Him and a realized Schanuel ahead of Trout would be potent. And he could be here by next year.

Neto at 9, Rada, Schanuel, Trout, maybe Ward, O’Hoppe…that’s a good #9-#5 to build around. 

Edited by totdprods

7 hours ago, eaterfan said:

He is an 18 year-old kids, that has shown to have above-average bat to ball, and plate discipline with the potential to have a 60 grade or better hit tool. ( I would put it has a 55 grade now).

The power could determine if he's a constant All-star at the lead off spot or middle of the line-up bat or a 2 to 3 war guy that steals 40 bases as a leadoff hitter. 

Ceiling for him is: 300+ hitter, 360-370 OBP 15 hR, 40 + double, 5 triples and a lot of steals at the lead off spot  

Like hood: He's a 270-280 hitter, 5 to 10 hrs, 340ish OBP, 25 to 30 doubles with a lot of steal. He'll be  good for about 10 years before declinig. 

Honesty he's so young, that he could breakout a be a 20+ hr guy when it's all said and done. 

8 hours ago, eaterfan said:

Maybe Figgins.

Checked out a couple of our young players in the MiLB.

Here's my scoop:

1. Huerto's a promising one! He's gonna rise up the ranks, especially once he hits AA, which I think will happen soon. His fastball sits around 95 to 98 mph, and he handles it well, plus his slider is a real nice plus with a sweet break. He's still working on a third pitch, but I noticed he was testing out a cutter yesterday. Could be a diamond in the rough for our team.

2. Kent had a tough time finding the strike zone last night, issuing 6 walks in just 4 innings. But the potential is sky-high with him. Despite the walks, he only gave up 2 hits. And let me tell you, his fastball? It's got some serious movement to it.

Could Tucker Flint be another underrated player in our system?  it's early, but he has shown good plate discipline and power potential. He's maintained a BB rate of around 11% through his milb career, and so far has cut down his K rate to 22%. For me he's starting to fall in the 15 to 22 range with grades shown below.

Hit 55 Power 45 Run 40 Arm 50 Field 50