• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2024 Minor League Stats, Scouting, Updates, and Reports Thread

Placencia back down to A ball, where he started two years ago then was promoted to A+ and AA last year, but stank up the joint (except for walks). Was awful in the AFL. 

Also notice Werner Blakely get demoted and move to the outfield. I had such high hopes for him after his 2022 performance.

16 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Placencia back down to A ball, where he started two years ago then was promoted to A+ and AA last year, but stank up the joint (except for walks). Was awful in the AFL. 

Also notice Werner Blakely get demoted and move to the outfield. I had such high hopes for him after his 2022 performance.

Placencia getting demoted is weird.

He was almost league average by wRC+ in HiA.

Makes me wonder if it’s some sort of disciplinary thing? Or if he really regressed during the offseason or something?

1 hour ago, BTH said:

Placencia getting demoted is weird.

He was almost league average by wRC+ in HiA.

Makes me wonder if it’s some sort of disciplinary thing? Or if he really regressed during the offseason or something?

Maybe they want to re-work his weird swing.

15 hours ago, mmc said:

Bryce Teodosio had 2 triples

This guy is an ELITE defensive outfielder with a little pop and bunch of speed but he's never been able to hit. So far out of the gate in AAA, he's been on fire. 

He's got 7 hits in 14 at bats and three of those hits are triples which lead everyone in AAA out of the gate. 

Maybe something has clicked for Bryce, or maybe it's just the PCL and there's nothing to see here. 

4 hours ago, Chuck said:

This guy is an ELITE defensive outfielder with a little pop and bunch of speed but he's never been able to hit. So far out of the gate in AAA, he's been on fire. 

He's got 7 hits in 14 at bats and three of those hits are triples which lead everyone in AAA out of the gate. 

Maybe something has clicked for Bryce, or maybe it's just the PCL and there's nothing to see here. 

Youre correctly calling his defense elite and it still may be selling him short which is nuts.  That guy does crazy things defensively.

4 hours ago, Chuck said:

This guy is an ELITE defensive outfielder with a little pop and bunch of speed but he's never been able to hit. So far out of the game in AAA, he's been on fire. 

Knew he was super fast but wasn't sure about his defense, good to hear.  Wonder if he can earn a call up this season if we have injuries in the outfield, though Adams is already on the 40 man and seems to profile similar.  Always had the sense the organization was high on Teodosio though

17 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Youre correctly calling his defense elite and it still may be selling him short which is nuts.  That guy does crazy things defensively.

I've seen some phenomenal catches on live steam but also in person when I went down there twice last year. Crazy good defense. 

Does anyone know if MIlB is planning on using the same baseball in AA that were used last year? 

On that note, that AA rotation is going to have some series fire with Mederos, Koch and Dana.

Also who are your guys breakout hitter and pitcher for this season? 

Mine are;

For hitter: Alberto Rios

For Pitcher: Hurtado