• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2024 Minor League Stats, Scouting, Updates, and Reports Thread

10 hours ago, Ochocinco! said:

I’ve mentioned it already a few times in this thread. Amir Garrett continues to mow down AAA batters (as he should) idk if he’ll return to his old self once he’s back in the bigs and stink but he’s definitely earned a call up whenever the opportunity arises 

he should be up in the majors, with one of Fulmer/Suarez being DFAd.

The team shouldn't be carrying 2 long relievers.

21 minutes ago, BTH said:

I would keep Fulmer over Suarez. Suarez has shown himself to have no value. He has no roster flexability for the team or any other team at this point. Fulmer provides roster flexibility and has pitched much better. Should be an easy call.

4 hours ago, greginpsca said:

I would keep Fulmer over Suarez. Suarez has shown himself to have no value. He has no roster flexability for the team or any other team at this point. Fulmer provides roster flexibility and has pitched much better. Should be an easy call.

And Fulmer has shown a willingness to take the ball even with limited rest.

26 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

Tucker Flint was a guy I was previously high on - skipped a level last season and went straight to Double-A after a strong debut. Having a strong start this season back with Rocket City.

He's one of the guys in the system that I am keeping an eye on. He doesn't have the star potential that or high upside, but I think his tools across the board are at least 50 grade. The biggest think for him will be the K rate and see if he can keep under 25% 

13 hours ago, BTH said:

When they get all five pitchers to consistently get through 6 innings they can ratchet down to one long reliever. 

On 4/18/2024 at 10:45 AM, BTH said:

The starting pitchers lack of being able to regularly average 6 innings pretty much mandates the need for 2 long guys. Otherwise the pen guys will be pitching every other day. 

3 minutes ago, greginpsca said:

The starting pitchers lack of being able to regularly average 6 innings pretty much mandates the need for 2 long guys. Otherwise the pen guys will be pitching every other day. 

Yup - this is even why I would’ve been fine with them signing someone like a Lance Lynn this past winter just to absorb innings every few days rather than running Sandoval and Silseth out and hoping either made it to the 5th. Didn’t think Canning would have that same prob. 

19 minutes ago, greginpsca said:

Then every single team needs two long guys. 

1 hour ago, greginpsca said:

Teams that have a pen full of guys with options would not need 2 guys, because they can bring guys up & down regularly to rest them.

In which case, it’s Perry fault for building an inflexible pen that necessitates two long men and ends up costing them games when long relievers are forced into leverage roles.