• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2024 Minor League Stats, Scouting, Updates, and Reports Thread

5 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

What would that even look like for this team, though? It's not like there are a bunch of young guys just waiting to be called up. AAA is a wasteland (and, no, I don't want to hear anyone talking about Bryce fucking Teodosio....).

17 minutes ago, AvsBroncosAngels05 said:

I'm looking at the Salt Lake stats right now and it's pretty depressing outside of an undrafted outfield named Bryce Teodosio who's hitting .355. Anyone watched him play on the stream or otherwise? Would love this kid to get a shot if he keeps it up. 

Lol

Just now, AvsBroncosAngels05 said:

Haha whoops. I even typed his name into the search engine to make sure no one had posted about him for awhile before posting 🤷‍♂️

I'm just giving you a hard time. Some Angels Twitter folks have been posting about him a lot recently. He's fast and he's a great defender, but he has historically been a TERRIBLE hitter. Like truly awful. He's been hot so far this year, but he's still striking out quite a bit and not walking, so he'll likely come back down to earth. 

From Baseball America this morning:

Caden Dana, RHP, Angels: Dana was sent straight to Double-A to start the season, which was a very aggressive push for a 20-year-old who came into the season with just 14 full-season starts. So far, he’s had no issues with Double-A hitters. Dana threw seven scoreless innings against Pensacola on Sunday. He allowed two hits and one walk while striking out eight. Dana is now 1-1, 1.87 with 19 strikeouts, three walks and only eight hits allowed in 18.1 innings.

With Dana the only goal now is build up the endurance for a complete MLB season. If they brought him up now it would require them to shut him down by August to avoid innings overload. Last season he only completed 68 innings. To rush him now could lead to early arm problems. 

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

Yeah, I wasn't actually serious in my post that said they should call up Dana.

They shouldn’t, but it also wouldn’t surprise me if he did wind up here this year. 

1 hour ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Ideally I would say that the goal for Dana should be to reach AAA with around 100 to 120 innins pitched. 

80 innings at AA

20-30 innings at AAA.

I’m fine with that being entirely in AA.

Then assess his MLB readiness in the off-season.

If pitching 110-120 innings this season, should then be able to reach at least 160 innings in 2025 between the minors and eventually MLB.

One can dream of 2026 rotation, if healthy and with further development.

Burnes, Detmers, Soriano, Silseth, Dana?

Why tf do people here think Burnes would sign with the Angels?

Any of the top spenders in FA would love to have him and I’m sure the Orioles themselves would bring him back with their new owner looking to spend. Their team is STACKED. Why leave that for Arte (who doesn’t spend big on pitching) and this roster

On 4/22/2024 at 6:57 PM, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Ideally I would say that the goal for Dana should be to reach AAA with around 100 to 120 innins pitched. 

80 innings at AA

20-30 innings at AAA.

He doesn't need,to go to SLC.  That place makes life miserable for anyone depending on movement to get outs and simply exists to break the souls of younger arms.

2 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

He doesn't need,to go to SLC.  That place makes life miserable for anyone depending on movement to get outs and simply exists to break the souls of younger arms.

Yep, it’s mainly a storage spot for depth guys.

I really don’t mind that the Angels traded Quero. Do I wish they got more than a couple starts from Giolito? Absolutely. I think they could’ve gotten themselves a decent youngster in return, similar to the Marsh-O’Hoppe swap. But as far as Quero’s potential, I don’t think the Angels will miss much. I think he ends up being pretty average on both sides of the ball at the major league level. Maybe slightly above offensively and slightly below defensively. And we always have one of those in Matt Thaiss, whom pitchers don’t mind nearly as much as Quero.