• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2024 Minor League Stats, Scouting, Updates, and Reports Thread

Rocket City and Tri-City got rained out today.  Salt Lake scored one run; their roster is laughably bad at this point.  IE got shut out and they've now scored the fewest runs in the California League.

I still can't find any update on Fontenelle.  Guess it might be a little while longer before we hear anything clear, given how severe the injury appears to be.

With these types of injuries, the biggest determining factor is whether the ankle was fractured into the joint line of the ankle disrupting the cartilage of the ankle. Very difficult to recover with long term consequences, think Tiger Woods. Also depends on how well the surgeon is able to align the fracture lines. If it happened above the joint, should heal well but the rehab is long.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, EcksteinSpawn22 said:

Denzer Guzman being bumped up to AA is...interesting. Curious if they actually think he's ready for it, or they just need another body after Fontenelle went down.

Did something happen to Paris (other than him being unable to actually hit the ball, I mean)? Otherwise, why call up Guzman? Even if they move Arol Vera to 3B to replace Fontenelle, where is Guzman gonna go? Unless they make HIM the 3B?

Plus, he has a 4/28 BB/K ratio at High A. Not exactly an indication he can handle better pitching at the next level. Hope I'm wrong! 

Edited by jsnpritchett

3 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

Did something happen to Paris (other than him being unable to actually hit the ball, I mean)? Otherwise, why call up Guzman? Even if they move Arol Vera to 3B to replace Fontenelle, where is Guzman gonna go? Unless they make HIM the 3B?

Plus, he has a 4/28 BB/KK ratio at High A. Not exactly an indication he can handle better pitching at the next level. Hope I'm wrong! 

Paris/Guzman at 2B/SS, Vera at 3B.

My guess is the Fontenelle injury prompted the promotion.

Inland Empire already lost today.  Not sure why they played an afternoon game on a Tuesday.  They're now 8-19.  Ugly.  DiChiara hit a HR and now has a .944 OPS since he got sent down.  Still has 15 K in 33 AB at IE, though.

It’s been really disappointing to see Adams, Paris, Mederos, Joyce, and Kochanowicz REALLY struggle.

They aren’t just struggling, they are doing really bad.

3 minutes ago, BTH said:

It’s been really disappointing to see Adams, Paris, Mederos, Joyce, and Kochanowicz REALLY struggle.

They aren’t just struggling, they are doing really bad.

Mederos has never produced good results, even in college. I know he was a 6th-round pick and supposedly has good stuff, but at some point, the dude actually has to, ya know, pitch well...

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

Mederos has never produced good results, even in college. I know he was a 6th-round pick and supposedly has good stuff, but at some point, the dude actually has to, ya know, pitch well...

He’s like a year away from getting DFAd if he doesn’t turn it around.

He never should’ve been up that early to begin with.

Edited by BTH

2 minutes ago, BTH said:

He’s like a year away from getting DFAd if he doesn’t turn it around.

He never should’ve been up that early to begin with.

Yeah, I still don't know why he got called up.  Maybe just availability at that exact time?

Btw, Rocket City is playing a day game right now.  Mederos got pulled after 4 1/3 innings.  Gave up 3 runs on 3 hits, 3 BB, and hit 2 guys.  Only K'ed 1.