• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2024 Minor League Stats, Scouting, Updates, and Reports Thread

I going to say that Rada and Dana will both be in the top 50 by mid-season. I also think that Dana will be our top prospect, followed by Rada and then Kent.

By Mid-season;

Dana will show that he has the upside of a #2 

With Grades: Fastball (60), Curve: (60), Change (55), Slider 50, Command (50) Overall: 55 

Comp: Corbin Burnes 

Ceiling: #2

Rada: 

Will be a table setting and an ideal lead-off hitter with 30+ SB. 

Grades: Hit (60), power (40), Run (65), Def (55) Overall 55 

Comp: Jacoby Ellsbury 

Kent

I'm going to sneak Kent in as well. Reports have been that he worked on strength and conditiong, mostly in the lower half this offseason. He has       4 average to above-average pitches that could improved. Can't wait to see how he does. 

Grades Fastball (55), Slider (55), Change (50), Curve (45), Command (50), Overall 50 

Surprises: 

Mederos;

His brief cup of coffee reminded me a lot of how G-Rich's went. I bring up G-rich as Mederos stuff and commands reminds me a lot of Richards.     I  think they'll be more refinement of command and stuff  and a surprise waiting to happen.  

Kochanowicz, 

I really cannot wait to see how he does next season. he has the potential to be a middle of the rotation arm or a power pitcher. We will see him in     2024. Next step for him will be refinement of his command and stuff, plus setting and finishing hitter with stuff outside of the zone  

Disappointment 

Bachman, I just don't think he'll stay healthy enough in either roles

Paris, I think the high strike-out rates will not do any benefits for hi,, 

3 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I'm confused as to how the international signings work. I mean, why don't the Angels get any of the top guys like De Vries? It also seems like they tend to have a small pool of signing money

I have no idea how much they have, but I would assume it is a cross between wining percentage and whether or not you give or receive revenue sharing. 

2 minutes ago, Chuck said:

The gift that keeps on giving. 

He was one of those guys I wanted no part of and the Angels signed but to be fair, he really only needs to get his ERA down to around 4.50 to not be a total loss. He was crap last season but he's been around that figure a lot and if they can keep their best defense on the field he could get there again.

3 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

I'm confused as to how the international signings work. I mean, why don't the Angels get any of the top guys like De Vries? It also seems like they tend to have a small pool of signing money

Not only is it allotted money, it's relationships and commitments. Most of these kids have had handshake agreements with their prospective teams for 2-3 years. It's a gamble/investment every time when you're talking about 14 year old ball players. Maitan is the best example of the variability of development.