• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

POLL: Trout and Rendon Games Played in 2024

Taylor

Injury Guys Pole  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Trout Games Played in 2024

2. 2. Rendon Games Played in 2024

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

Also I don’t think a healthy Rendon means jack shit.  He played like shit and has a noodle bar now.  Until proven otherwise he’s washed garbage. 

Yeah, it's hard to have faith that even if he played 162 games, he'd be much better than replacement level. And apparently he hates baseball.

Rendon is a momentum/rhythm player. We've seen it multiple times over the last few years: Starts rusty, warms up and gets into a rhythm and plays well, then gets hurt. So I think if he's healthy, he'll be pretty good - not 2017-20 good, but the point is that the more he plays, the better his stats will be. 

As for Trout, who knows. Chances are something will happen and he'll play somewhere in the 80-120 games range, depending upon how severe his inevitable injury is. I can only imagine how frustrated he must be, or how frustrated he'll be if and when he gets hurt in 2024. Still, given the freakish nature of most of his injuries, it is also possible he threads the needle and plays 130-140 games and has a bit of a career renaissance. In truth, any kind of success the Angels have depends on it. 

16 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Rendon is a momentum/rhythm player. We've seen it multiple times over the last few years: Starts rusty, warms up and gets into a rhythm and plays well, then gets hurt. So I think if he's healthy, he'll be pretty good - not 2017-20 good, but the point is that the more he plays, the better his stats will be. 

As for Trout, who knows. Chances are something will happen and he'll play somewhere in the 80-120 games range, depending upon how severe his inevitable injury is. I can only imagine how frustrated he must be, or how frustrated he'll be if and when he gets hurt in 2024. Still, given the freakish nature of most of his injuries, it is also possible he threads the needle and plays 130-140 games and has a bit of a career renaissance. In truth, any kind of success the Angels have depends on it. 

Don't forget that Rendon could get triggered by a fan again and receive another suspension.

In all seriousness, with Trout it's obvious the guy wants to be on the field. It's gotta be frustrating to keep getting these freak injuries every year.

Even IF Trout hits .290 with 37 bombs and Rendon hits .280 with 90 RBIs the Angels still don't make the playoffs without acquiring 2 good starting pitchers and some BP strength including a closer.

Without substantial pitching improvements nothing really matters. 

Get pitchers and pray that Trout, Rendon and Ward have good years.

15 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Have Trout split time between LF and DH. DFA Rendon at the end of spring if he hasn't produced more than the crap he has.