• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

POLL: Trout and Rendon Games Played in 2024

Taylor

Injury Guys Pole  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Trout Games Played in 2024

2. 2. Rendon Games Played in 2024

• 3 months later...
On 12/12/2023 at 11:05 AM, Second Base said:

10 bucks says a closely related thread will also be published in February/March. 

You're five days away from owing me 10 bucks.

• Taylor changed the title to POLL: Trout and Rendon Games Played in 2024

I voted for 79 and under wins in that other thread because of this uncertainty. 

That's not to say I don't think they have the talent to win more games than that, it's just the reality that the team as it is currently built can't be expected to win as is. They are basically where they were in the days before Stoneman and MS where they assembled a team and HOPED they could win.  I really wanted to see them add some IF help, I still think they should have added a catcher that could help O'Hoppe with the parts of his game that are clearly lacking, I wish they still had Molina around to do that.

Too much of this team's potential output is tied to veteran players coming back from injuries and young guys taking that next step forward -- so again, there is a lot of hoping involved.  Trout's coming back from a hamate fracture and while the recovery from that to previous levels is really high but historically guys have tended to take a bit to see their power fully return. With Rendon we still have no idea if his legs are shot or not -- I didn't see him enough to have a real clue if he's still trying to do all his hitting with his wrists but if his legs are shot he's done IMO.  The batting eye is still there so, pretty sure that's why he's at the top of the lineup and the concerns about his being able to pull a ball are why he's not in the middle of the lineup.

Low expectations but at least it will be fun to potentially see the team work in a group of young players for the first time since the early 10s.  Hopefully soon they are back to where they are expecting and not hoping to win.

4 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Trout, 110 games.

Rendon, 60. He'll stumble trying to make a great play and then blow out his shoulder with the throw to first. 

That sounds more like a Trout injury. 

A Rendon injury would be twisting his groin sitting down on the bench.

• 5 weeks later...