• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Do the Angels owe us an explanation?

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

Ohtani isn’t any player.  The team should issue some kind of statement.  At least acknowledging the situation and explaining what’s going on and what the plan going forward is.  It doesn’t have to be a forensic break down of what happened in negotiations.  We tried it didn’t work out etc.  Ok good.  But they should say something.   

this is what a club that gives a shit at all about its fans and their relationship to the club.  Substantially unclear that that is the Angels though.  

Here you go sir

13 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

I just want Arte to explain the real reason he decided to keep the team

I think he already "did" with that interview he gave earlier this year.

Like I said in another post, I thought that meant Ohtani and him had worked something out, like "I'll match whatever you're offered in FA." Or something.

And who knows, maybe there was something to that. And maybe something over the course of the year changed. 

It absolutely seems like Ohtani was headed to the Dodgers all along. And like @Inside Pitch mentioned a few days ago, he would have been there 6 years ago if they had the DH already. 

But I can't believe Moreno would have stayed unless he had some sort of indication Ohtani would stay too. 

Moreno played this out so poorly...

2 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I think he already "did" with that interview he gave earlier this year.

Like I said in another post, I thought that meant Ohtani and him had worked something out, like "I'll match whatever you're offered in FA." Or something.

And who knows, maybe there was something to that. And maybe something over the course of the year changed. 

It absolutely seems like Ohtani was headed to the Dodgers all along. And like @Inside Pitch mentioned a few days ago, he would have been there 6 years ago if they had the DH already. 

But I can't believe Moreno would have stayed unless he had some sort of indication Ohtani would stay too. 

Moreno played this out so poorly...

I'd like to hear that directly from him

20 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

I'd like to hear that directly from him

He's got a massive ego so doubt we'll ever hear anything. But I have to assume he's gone here soon at this point. 

He took a massive hit in the media, and sith the fan base. He just lost the biggest name in the game to his hated rival. And I think @Jeff Fletcher or someone on here mentioned recently, Bally Sports is dying and that will hurt his income in a huge way.

I think the most we'll ever hear is the media saying Arte is selling again, and we'll never hear from him again.

14 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

He's got a massive ego so doubt we'll ever hear anything. But I have to assume he's gone here soon at this point. 

He took a massive hit in the media, and sith the fan base. He just lost the biggest name in the game to his hated rival. And I think @Jeff Fletcher or someone on here mentioned recently, Bally Sports is dying and that will hurt his income in a huge way.

I think the most we'll ever hear is the media saying Arte is selling again, and we'll never hear from him again.

One can only hope this is true 

16 minutes ago, Ron Mexico said:

One can only hope this is true 

I mean, he hasn't really done much that made sense the past few years so who knows. But I don't see any way he stays now. 

He lost money. Crushed the fan base (even if Ohtani was never going to stay). Is unwilling to buy a ring and doesn't have the farm to miracle one. So it's not like great times are ahead 

I don't think we're going to hear anything directly from him again, until he's gone.

But again, who knows 

45 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I mean, he hasn't really done much that made sense the past few years so who knows. But I don't see any way he stays now. 

He lost money. Crushed the fan base (even if Ohtani was never going to stay). Is unwilling to buy a ring and doesn't have the farm to miracle one. So it's not like great times are ahead 

I don't think we're going to hear anything directly from him again, until he's gone.

But again, who knows 

Very sad.

16 hours ago, Lhalo said:

It's not insane. The Dodgers are a worldwide brand. The broadcast rights and Ohtani merch sales will be enough to make that money back well before his 10 year contract is up.

They'll up the ticket prices and charge more for food/beer as well.

The parking will help. There's only one way in and out of that place. Fans will grudgingly pay the 50 bucks needed to see Ohtani in a blue uniform. Consider it an extra fee like they charge for concert tickets etc.

42 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

The parking will help. There's only one way in and out of that place. Fans will grudgingly pay the 50 bucks needed to see Ohtani in a blue uniform. Consider it an extra fee like they charge for concert tickets etc.

Doesn't Frank McCort own the parking lots?   If so, the Doyers aren't getting a dime of that $50 + parking fee.

The big winners are the Dodger season tix holders that can now reap big $ selling games.

Edited by Swordsman78

4 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Why? I believe it.

Nothing he’s done the past decade has given me any indication that he runs the Angels in a proper, logical manner.