• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Feinsand: Angels are “very interested” in Blake Snell

mmc

The Angels kind of have to go out and get some free agents.  If Wash was smart he would have insisted that they get aggressive prior to accepting the job.   Can't imagine him coming on board only to accept a complete rebuild.

Personally I would like to see the Angels stand pat and stay away from free agents until they can off load Rendone's contract.

They drafted 21 pitchers a couple years ago, and I'd rather watch the youngsters develop for another 2-3 years.

2 minutes ago, HBAngel13 said:

Moreno has the ability and capacity to swim in the deep end, but he has always stuck to his preset budget.

What do you call the "deep end"?

2023 - 7th

2022 - 9th

2021 - 4th

2020 - 11th

2019 - 9th

2018 - 6th

2017 - 11th

2016 - 7th

2015 - 7th

2014 - 6th

Moreno has spent a shit ton of money on payroll and has been in the deep end for most of the last 10 seasons. Going over the tax threshold doesn't mean the Angels would be any better. 

44 minutes ago, Blarg said:

What do you call the "deep end"?

2023 - 7th

2022 - 9th

2021 - 4th

2020 - 11th

2019 - 9th

2018 - 6th

2017 - 11th

2016 - 7th

2015 - 7th

2014 - 6th

Moreno has spent a shit ton of money on payroll and has been in the deep end for most of the last 10 seasons. Going over the tax threshold doesn't mean the Angels would be any better. 

Deep end = Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers territory.  Consistently in top 4-6.

A lot of this discussion has been about signing multiple free agents to make us better. Going to be tough to get the impact guys without bumping over the tax threshold.  Seems like a given if they bring back Ohtani

• 2 weeks later...

I mean, what else are we going to do?  Our farm is mediocre to bad so it's not like we have a bunch of talent waiting in the wings.  

If the Angels aren't ever going to rebuild (and that ship has already sailed anyways by getting zilch for Ohtani), then overpriced free agents are the only avenue we have.

1 hour ago, wopphil said:

I mean, the guy has won two Cy Young awards, including last year. I don’t think he would be the worst addition to the team. In fact, I am reasonably confident he would outperform every single other starter we have. 

Ohtani’s 130+ innings pitched is gone.  This team needs somebody to step in and lead the rotation in innings pitched.

You could do a whole lot worse than Blake Snell.

I swear if the Yankees or Dodgers sign this guy everyone will complain about the missed opportunity, but if the Angels sign him then we will hear what a dumb signing it is.

This team needs starters.  I am not going to complain about this team signing a guy that threw 180 innings last year and twice has been a Cy young winner.

Maybe he get hurt or will stink.  But maybe ANY pitcher on the roster will get hurt or will stink.