• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Feinsand: Angels are “very interested” in Blake Snell

mmc

25 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Sign Lorenzen Kyle Lewis, Travis Jankowski, Tim Anderson, Jake Diekman and Chad Wallach (his would be minor league deal. Let kids play see how much development this along with young pitchers Silseth, Daniels , Detmers, Canning and next offseason go all in.

Lmao

27 minutes ago, BTH said:

My fear is that they aren’t because of the rumor that Ohtani doesn’t want to play with another Japanese player.

Heyman reported a couple months ago that they weren’t in on Yamamoto and were focusing solely on Ohtani, which would line up with that.

If this is the case, it's time to let Ohtani go. I would rather spend $200 million on Yamamoto and spread the rest of the savings on the bullpen and other needs than spend $400-$500 million on Ohtani.

It's a math problem. The Angels have multiple holes that will require expenditures to fix. Ohtani will not fill all of those holes. 

We have too many Lefties in the rotation that currently have nearly the same repertoire, arm slot (Detmers, Sandavol and Suarez)... 

I'd rather go after Stroman and Montgomery ...

Rotation: Stroman, Montgomery, Silseth, Detmers, Canning. (TRADE Sandavol & Anderson Move Suarez to the pen).

Pen additions: Hader, Hicks, Moore/W. Smith...

CL - Hader

Setup - Estevez & Hicks Moore/Smith

Soriano, Joyce, Bachman, Kolonic, Hergert, Wantz, Saurez among others on the Jet from AAA or AA...

We would have roughly 25-30-35M for the lineup through FA or incoming traded contracts.

*** IF the 106M under the Tax Cap is true.*** I read in another thread here.

10 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

My baseline BS radar detector goes off pretty hard when I read speculation that Ohtani “doesn’t want to play with another Japanese player.”

It just doesn’t pass the smell test.  It would take a real, clear quote from him for me to believe that.

As a 23 year old coming over… it was reported that He didn’t want to go to a team where another Japanese player had been a success… Yankees (Matsui) Mariners (Ichiro) or Dodgers (Nomo) or who had a big time Japanese player currently playing. Now he is the big dog or top dog and the Japanese guys coming over May say the same thing or may want to play with Ohtani.

2 hours ago, AngelStew43 said:

If we can sign Snell, then it is possible that we could use one of Canning or Sandoval in a Burnes trade, IMO.  

I wouldn't be against getting Yelich if one of Ward, Moniak, or Adell is moved. 

respectfully, i'd tell you that this is a complete pipe dream for an angels fan. milwaukee has no compelling reason to make a trade like either of those.

however, if the brewers were somehow willing to make a move like this, the angels should jump all over it.

Snell would immediately become the ace, with or without Ohtani in 2024. Flaws and all, including likely contract. 

Beyond 2024? The roster, including promotions, trades and signings will likely look fairly different. So hard to project too far ahead. But if Snell can play more or less as he has then it stabilizes the rotation, allowing for more versatility and buys time. 

Maybe Detmers has a breakout season with less pressure. And Sandoval and Canning continue progressing. A solid top three or four would be a good foundation and allow for multiple other moves and uses. 

31 minutes ago, Hubs said:

As a 23 year old coming over… it was reported that He didn’t want to go to a team where another Japanese player had been a success… Yankees (Matsui) Mariners (Ichiro) or Dodgers (Nomo) or who had a big time Japanese player currently playing. Now he is the big dog or top dog and the Japanese guys coming over May say the same thing or may want to play with Ohtani.

“It was reported. . .”

1 hour ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Report I just read. SNELL was at Seahawks Thanksgiving Day Game and wants to pitch for his home town team....The Mariners.. 

Screenshot_20231130-170622_Chrome.jpg

He does, but the Mariners don’t seem interested in spending much money.

29 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

That would be great, except Ohtani seems like a long shot, and Snell really wants to pitch for Seattle.

Tell the whole truth here.  
Angels are one of four teams reported to be in the running. Mariners aren’t interested in Snell.

27 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Tell the whole truth here.  
Angels are one of four teams reported to be in the running. Mariners aren’t interested in Snell.

What did l say that wasn't true? The Angels odds at signing Ohtani are +1500 the last l heard and Snell very publicly stated he wants to pitch in Seattle. Whether or not Seattle wants Snell is neither here nor there in regards to my previous post. Don't misunderstand me l would love them both here in 2024, l just don't see it happening.

Just now, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

What did l say that wasn't true? The Angels odds at signing Ohtani are +1500 the last l heard and Snell very publicly stated he wants to pitch in Seattle. Whether or not Seattle wants Snell is neither here nor there in regards to my previous post. Don't misunderstand me l would love them both here in 2024, l just don't see it happening.

And nothing I said was untrue. You can call it +1500 I see it as 1/4.  If you read deeper into Snell wanting to pitch for Seattle you will read they weren’t interested. So it doesn’t matter. 

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

And nothing I said was untrue. You can call it +1500 I see it as 1/4.  If you read deeper into Snell wanting to pitch for Seattle you will read they weren’t interested. So it doesn’t matter. 

You said let's be honest as if l was lying.

Just because they're are 4 horses in a race doesn't necessarily mean they each have a 1-4 chance to win. I mean one horse could be Secretariat and another the old gray mare...

5 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

You said let's be honest as if l was lying.

Just because they're are 4 horses in a race doesn't necessarily mean they each have a 1-4 chance to win. I mean one horse could be Secretariat and another the old gray mare...

I lost a lot of money betting on gray horses. That was before I heard the song the Old Grey Mare.