• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Feinsand: Angels are “very interested” in Blake Snell

mmc

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

Ohtani had his elbow reconstructed twice.  Nearly every Japanes pitcher in the last 15 years has had to have elbow surgery within their first couple years. So I guess the Angels knew Ohtani was due for a rebuild before they bought him. The question is, do you pay more for a car that has had a history of rebuilds? Because that's what his asking price is now. 

And that’s why the only Ohtani contract that makes sense for the Halos is a 2 year deal through 2025 to allow him one year of pitching in 2025.    That’s a lot safer than signing him long term, and then possibly finding out he can’t pitch anymore after 2025.

1 minute ago, Hubs said:

Resign Ohtani. Add Snell, Imanaga, Tim Anderson and Hicks.

Trade Rengifo, Thaiss, and Tyler Anderson for whatever you can get. 

No one is going to take Anderson unless the Angels pay part of the contract or take back another bad contract, which essentially defeats the purpose of trading him.

1 minute ago, Hubs said:

Resign Ohtani. Add Snell, Imanaga, Tim Anderson and Hicks.

Trade Rengifo, Thaiss, and Tyler Anderson for whatever you can get. 

Disagree. Anderson has negative value currently due to his contract. Considering he's said that the front office was making him pitch in a way that didn't fit his strengths, you're better off holding and seeing if Enright can get him back to a solid back end of the rotation starter. 

1 minute ago, mmc said:

This still isn’t a playoff team.  And signing Anderson to trade Rengifo makes no sense and makes the team worse overall

Except defensively. Anderson is a better defender. And can steal bags. 

2 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

Disagree. Anderson has negative value currently due to his contract. Considering he's said that the front office was making him pitch in a way that didn't fit his strengths, you're better off holding and seeing if Enright can get him back to a solid back end of the rotation starter. 

I prefer saving $9M if you can. Trading him and say Rengifo to the Dodgers for a middle grade prospect makes sense to me. (I add $4M per season in the deal.)

JP Feyereisen and Johnny DeLuca say is a pretty even match on the BTV site.

16 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Ohtani had his elbow reconstructed twice.  Nearly every Japanes pitcher in the last 15 years has had to have elbow surgery within their first couple years. So I guess the Angels knew Ohtani was due for a rebuild before they bought him. The question is, do you pay more for a car that has had a history of rebuilds? Because that's what his asking price is now. 

In this extended metaphor, would Anderson be a Camry? 

58 minutes ago, Blarg said:

They cannot afford both without sacrificing every other roster spot.  So you have a Cy Young quality pitcher with no bullpen support or defense and a DH with holes in the offense. Sounds like another 75 win season.

It's one or the other and I think Snell moves the Angels toward competitiveness more than the Unicorn. 

Sure they can, its more of a will Arte pay the tax question, as usual, and if hes not willing to then hes wasting everyones time and should rebuild and trade everyone.
The time fore half measures is passed, its go ham or go home 

Just now, Pancake Bear said:

You'd have to trade a prospect to get rid of his contract. 

The Dodgers need infield help and pitching. I think Rengifo is enough, but if they wanted a guy like Jadiel Sanchez or Jordyn Adams, I'd consider it.

20 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

Is it the full $100m, though? My understanding was they only get a certain amount of that and the rest goes to revenue sharing.

I said $100 million because it’s $150 million a year but after revenue sharing it’s about $100 million.  At least that’s my understanding. 

57 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

It really comes down to how much Arte wants to win vs how much he wants to just make money. Up till now, he hasn't been willing to go the distance in terms of what he'll spend. Last year, though, he at least went over the tax (not sure whether we ended up over or not), so it gives you hope that maybe he actually does want to win. 

Dude doesn't have many years left to live so I hope winning is beyond making money at this point. He's already made plenty of money, hasn't won much.

29 minutes ago, Hubs said:

Except defensively. Anderson is a better defender. And can steal bags. 

Except that Anderson’s dWAR the past 2 seasons is -1.2.  And even with the SBs explosion in 2023, he only stole 13 bases.

Combine that with 1 BB every 25 PAs meaning that his OPS is built almost entirely on a really good BA, and his anger issues, and the word of the day is Pass.

Edited by Angel Oracle

FWIW I think Anderson could bounce back this year, and we’d be selling low if we dumped him now, unless it was helping consummate a larger deal. I don’t think he’s going to be anywhere what he did in 2022, but think there’s a good chance he pitches well enough to get moved at the deadline.

Edited by totdprods

23 minutes ago, Hubs said:

I prefer saving $9M if you can. Trading him and say Rengifo to the Dodgers for a middle grade prospect makes sense to me. (I add $4M per season in the deal.)

JP Feyereisen and Johnny DeLuca say is a pretty even match on the BTV site.

I feel the need to say it again.

Let Washington work with Rengifo on his defense, as a really good defense instructor.

Let EY Sr. work with Rengifo on his baserunning, as a really good baserunning instructor.

Rengifo has shown enough offense the past two seasons as it is, to warrant better than a middling prospect in trade.

4 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

I feel the need to say it again.

Let Washington work with Rengifo on his defense, as a really good defense instructor.

Let EY Sr. work with Rengifo on his baserunning, as a really good baserunning instructor.

Rengifo has shown enough offense the past two seasons as it is, to warrant better than a middling prospect in trade.

It's a middling prospect and relief of Anderson's $13M contract. 

6 minutes ago, Chuck said:

After diving in a little more on Snell and Bellinger, the two clear top free agents not named Ohtani and Yamamoto, I think the Angels should stay far away from both of the two in free agency. 

Talked about this on episode 25 in our podcast a few days ago.

Agree on having no interest in either player.  Though I’m sure Arte will want another big name if he loses Ohtani and may mandate the team goes all in on this type of player