• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bright Side

RallyMo

39 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

We didn’t sign Shohei to a 10 year/$600 million extension. We gotta break the streak of signing/trading for people to not play for $30+million a year. As Angels as this is, that would have been even more Angels.

Who says we won't?  Everyone acting like it's a certainty we won't sign him is being pretty dumb.  He cleared out his locker because he's out for the season.  People need to stop acting like the overreactions of idiots on Twitter tell the story of reality.

1 hour ago, mmc said:

Who says we won't?  Everyone acting like it's a certainty we won't sign him is being pretty dumb.  He cleared out his locker because he's out for the season.  People need to stop acting like the overreactions of idiots on Twitter tell the story of reality.

Dude, if we sign him to a 10 year/$600 million contract now, that overreaction will make anything you see on Twitter seem reasonable, and that’s saying something. I’ve seen a lot of what you see on Twitter in your political forum posts.

1 hour ago, mmc said:

Good Lord you are mini-Strad.

I am Ok with Ohtani leaving and taking the 6 man rotation problem with him. To over invest in a pitcher than thins out the quality of the rotation every season would never create a successful campaign for the Angels.

Every start Ohtani doesn't take is shared through the entire rotation to a 6th pitcher that is always the worst pitcher to give 27 starts to. Or worse, bullpen games, putting more stress pitchers that have to clean up the 5th or 6th inning on for the other lesser quality starters. That means more reliance on the Salt Lake shuffle, moving arms in and out of the bullpen to replace over worked arms. 

The team that goes overboard with a years and dollars contract better only need Ohtani and no other players on the roster. They have to already have a playoff contending team that can handle the burden of the 6 man rotation. Otherwise they will end up always coming up short by the games the 6th worst pitcher has lost. 

13 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

Dude, if we sign him to a 10 year/$600 million contract now, that overreaction will make anything you see on Twitter seem reasonable, and that’s saying something. I’ve seen a lot of what you see on Twitter in your political forum posts.

Agreed. Plus, as great as it would be to resign him...didn't Perry already talk Arte into spending his $ on depth pieces this season rather than blowing a chunk to sign (1 player) Trea Turner? 

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

I am Ok with Ohtani leaving and taking the 6 man rotation problem with him. To over invest in a pitcher than thins out the quality of the rotation every season would never create a successful campaign for the Angels.

Every start Ohtani doesn't take is shared through the entire rotation to a 6th pitcher that is always the worst pitcher to give 27 starts to. Or worse, bullpen games, putting more stress pitchers that have to clean up the 5th or 6th inning on for the other lesser quality starters. That means more reliance on the Salt Lake shuffle, moving arms in and out of the bullpen to replace over worked arms. 

The team that goes overboard with a years and dollars contract better only need Ohtani and no other players on the roster. They have to already have a playoff contending team that can handle the burden of the 6 man rotation. Otherwise they will end up always coming up short by the games the 6th worst pitcher has lost. 

This.  As long as he pitches and insists on every sixth day, that team is actually worse off for having him on the pitching side.  

3 hours ago, Blarg said:

Agree 100%.  It might be worth it if you're a legit playoff team and can get him to start some playoff games, but the Angels just never had the organizational depth for a 6-man rotation.  This year, our number 6 starters had a negative WAR, so that detracted from our number 1.

Also, I'm a huge Ohtani fan and wouldn't mind seeing him in the playoffs.  Especially if the WBC was any indicator of what he'd do under pressure.  Frankly, he deserves better than the fiasco taking place in Anaheim.

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

Ohtani isn’t getting $600 million. If he gets $500 million it will be for 12-14 years. I think he gets around $450 over 10-11 years from someone. 

if he was 25, this would be spot on. being that he's 30, however, i can't see him getting that many years.

see pujols, albert.

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

Ohtani isn’t getting $600 million. If he gets $500 million it will be for 12-14 years. I think he gets around $450 over 10-11 years from someone. 

I'd agree, but that other revenue that nobody else comes close to bringing in....

That you don't have to share with other clubs.

It's hard to guage how much that is worth.  We've heard estimates but are they accurate? 

7 minutes ago, ScottT said:

I'd agree, but that other revenue that nobody else comes close to bringing in....

That you don't have to share with other clubs.

It's hard to guage how much that is worth.  We've heard estimates but are they accurate? 

Which revenue does he bring in that they don’t have to share?