• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Shohei Ohtani tears UCL, won't pitch again this season

mmc

2 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I called it in the game one thread. He went from a 94 mph four seam to barely touching 90 in the second inning. His free agent market value just took a hit. 

7 hours ago, Blarg said:

His four seamer was topping out at 94 in the first inning. By the second it barely ticked past 90. The last time that happened he had Tommy John surgery. They are saying arm fatigue but he was removed from the game. My guess is he has an appointment over at Kerlan Jobe across the parking lot today. 

I hate when I am right about this shit. 

Can’t expect someone to have 600+ PAs and 130-150 innings pitched every season.

There’s a reason it has never been done before.

After a 2nd TJS, he needs to seriously consider a move to RF from pitching/DH.

Best to move on from him?  Someone will still offer him $500 million, pass on that.   He won’t continue to hit like this for more than a few seasons.

Need to start balancing out the roster moving forward.

Edited by Angel Oracle

3 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I hate when I am right about this shit. 

It was definitely reminiscent of when he hurt his elbow and need surgery the first time.

I feel a little validation now about saying the Angels should let him walk. He's been with the team for 6 years and the results have been great for 3 of them. Absolutely nothing about his performance is guaranteed going forward.

He's also a great poster child for why it's often worth it to sign an extension before free agency if you aren't 100% sure you want to leave. He lost an awful lot of money today.

7 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

It was definitely reminiscent of when he hurt his elbow and need surgery the first time.

I feel a little validation now about saying the Angels should let him walk. He's been with the team for 6 years and the results have been great for 3 of them. Absolutely nothing about his performance is guaranteed going forward.

He's also a great poster child for why it's often worth it to sign an extension before free agency if you aren't 100% sure you want to leave. He lost an awful lot of money today.

I mentioned this before as well, I blame the Angels for not stepping in and curbing his DH duties after pitching and DH'ing the same game. They let Ohtani make too many choices that should have been made for him to maintain his health.

But they decided to ride the wave and keep ticket sales up instead of thinking long term. Then again, why think long term on Ohtani when he was definitely exploring free agency. It's like college coaches burning up pitcher arms because they are moving on in for years or less anyway.