• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Shohei Ohtani tears UCL, won't pitch again this season

mmc

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

I mentioned this before as well, I blame the Angels for not stepping in and curbing his DH duties after pitching and DH'ing the same game. They let Ohtani make too many choices that should have been made for him to maintain his health.

But they decided to ride the wave and keep ticket sales up instead of think long term. Then again, why think long term on Ohtani when he was definitely exploring free agency. It's like college coaches burning up pitcher arms because they are moving on in for years or less anyway. 

Maybe they were thinking long term and realized he’d be a Dodger and, fuck those guys. 

4 minutes ago, SoCalDucksFan said:

Does this mean he's likely to miss the entire 2024 season?

If he gets the surgery immediately he could be ready to DH by say early May or sooner if he’s a quick healer.  He won’t pitch next season tho. I’d say this cost him about 200 mil at least.  Probably more 

I blame the Angels' for a lot of things; but this isn't on them. He wanted autonomy over his body and usage and he got it. He had full control and ran himself into the ground. Hell he's only at 130 IP this year. He's had a hx of elbow issues and this just further enforces that his elbow will always be a concern. 

Just now, Jason said:

The bright side, the Angels could sign him more easily now if they want. Ohtani just lost that biggest contract ever. 

Honestly, I want no part of an expensive DH who may or may not be able to return to being an effective pitcher at some undetermined point in the future. 

Just now, Jason said:

The bright side, the Angels could sign him more easily now if they want. Ohtani just lost that biggest contract ever. 

I was just thinking the same thing.

Here I was thinking that this exact thing could happen to Trout, and it ended up happening to Ohtani.

Shakespeare couldn't have written it any better.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

The media is now shaken by the loss of non stop stories of, Where will Ohtani end up and for a half a billion or more?

11 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

re: Trout

Wondering if the wrist is damaged or weakened long term. They removed that bone I believe.

They remove the top hook of the bone in this surgery.  I don't know why the wrist would be damaged, the doctor said he couldn't hurt it any more.  It's a pain management thing, and obviously it still hurts enough for him to be not effective.  Coupled with the Ohtani news, I think it would be silly to play him anymore this year.  

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

Honestly, I want no part of an expensive DH who may or may not be able to return to being an effective pitcher at some undetermined point in the future. 

I don’t think he’s going to be as expensive as you think. He went from the greatest player in the league to a DH only.