• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Stassi/Rendon

Torridd

5 minutes ago, Torridd said:

Has anyone heard anything of late? Why don't the Angels give at least semi-regular updates? I mean, these are supposedly our starters.

Stassi's family emergency/situation is presumably still going on.  Beat writers have implied it's very serious and that we will understand why it kept him away from the team once (or if) it's eventually revealed.  Can't imagine any scenario in which he plays this year, given how long he's been out.

Rendon's last update was just a little over a week ago, I think, and at the time, it was pretty clear he wasn't coming back imminently, given the internal bleeding.

Another topic on Rendon, sick. Honestly so tired of hearing fans complain about Rendon. He's hurt and he's not even what the roster needs the most right now, get over it. Already have the ReDone Wuss thread which irks me every time I see it because why? What a stupid thread title.

Obviously Stassi has bigger things than baseball going on in his life. We haven't heard about the specifics because it's none of our business. "Family matters" isn't good enough for you? Does it need to be confirmed to you that someone died or something so you can accept his absence? He wasn't even going to be the main catcher on this roster.

And you made a topic on Lorenzen too. Because he threw one of the most random no-hitters we'll see based on his pitching ability. Wow, you're quite on fire this morning. Riveting stuff.

50 minutes ago, VladdyforHOF said:

Another topic on Rendon, sick. Honestly so tired of hearing fans complain about Rendon. He's hurt and he's not even what the roster needs the most right now, get over it. Already have the ReDone Wuss thread which irks me every time I see it because why? What a stupid thread title.

Obviously Stassi has bigger things than baseball going on in his life. We haven't heard about the specifics because it's none of our business. "Family matters" isn't good enough for you? Does it need to be confirmed to you that someone died or something so you can accept his absence? He wasn't even going to be the main catcher on this roster.

And you made a topic on Lorenzen too. Because he threw one of the most random no-hitters we'll see based on his pitching ability. Wow, you're quite on fire this morning. Riveting stuff.

Just curious. I'm not trying to be inflammatory.

1 hour ago, VladdyforHOF said:

Hey thanks for mentioning my thread I really appreciate it 

1 hour ago, floplag said:

Rendon is what it is but the fact weve heard nothing on Stassi is.. odd. 

Your comment is “odd.”  It has been almost over-communicated that what he is going through is deeply personal, where it is better for him and his family to keep it private, at least for now.

What is “odd” about that?

8 minutes ago, James said:

A million? 

Name 'em

Acamar, Achernar, Achird, Acrab, Acrux, Acubens, Adhafera, Adhara, Adhil, Ain, Ainalrami, Aiolos, Aladfar, Alasia, Alathfar, Albaldah, Albali, Albireo, Achiba, Alcor, Alcyone, Aldebaran, Alderamin, Aldhanab, Aldhibah, Aldulfin, Alfirk, Algedi, Algenib, Algieba, Algol, Algorab, Alhena, Alioth, Aljanah, Alkaid, Alkalurops, Alkaphrah, Alkarab, Alkes, Almaaz, Almach....

...need I go on?

17 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Acamar, Achernar, Achird, Acrab, Acrux, Acubens, Adhafera, Adhara, Adhil, Ain, Ainalrami, Aiolos, Aladfar, Alasia, Alathfar, Albaldah, Albali, Albireo, Achiba, Alcor, Alcyone, Aldebaran, Alderamin, Aldhanab, Aldhibah, Aldulfin, Alfirk, Algedi, Algenib, Algieba, Algol, Algorab, Alhena, Alioth, Aljanah, Alkaid, Alkalurops, Alkaphrah, Alkarab, Alkes, Almaaz, Almach....

...need I go on?

yes

4 hours ago, VladdyforHOF said:

Yep, the RenWuss thread is another really fucking lame thread that is enjoyed by the lowest common denominator here on AW.  

On 8/10/2023 at 9:21 AM, Torridd said:

Has anyone heard anything of late? Why don't the Angels give at least semi-regular updates? I mean, these are supposedly our starters.

The updates on Rendon have been regular enough. If nothing is changing they aren’t going to say that every day. 

As of Wednesday, he still isn’t doing any baseball activity, which means he’s not close to returning. As soon as he gets cleared to do that, you’ll know. 

Nothing has changed with Stassi. At this point there’s not enough season left for him to come back. 

2 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Nothing has changed with Stassi. At this point there’s not enough season left for him to come back. 

Since he’s on the 60-day IL, I assume he’s getting paid like normally would.

But if he’s out next year, would they put him on the restricted list? And if so, would that mean he doesn’t get paid? Or that if he does, it doesn’t count towards the luxury tax?

2 minutes ago, Trendon said:

Since he’s on the 60-day IL, I assume he’s getting paid like normally would.

But if he’s out next year, would they put him on the restricted list? And if so, would that mean he doesn’t get paid? Or that if he does, it doesn’t count towards the luxury tax?

I can’t imagine this situation would continue like this next year. 

He’s either going to at least try to play or he’s not going to get paid (either by retiring or going on the restricted list).

As for the luxury tax, I think if they aren’t paying him (by either of those last two scenarios), it doesn’t count.