• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2023 MLB Trade Deadline Thread

mmc

1 minute ago, mmc said:

Rosario is awful, one of the worst defenders in baseball and a 85 wRC+

Friedman and the Dodgers must think he can help….Syndergaard is beyond awful, whatever that is…..wasted roster spot….

This might become a common theme of the deadline...

Minnesota and Miami swapped arms. One has a little more upside (and an extra year of control), while the other, Floro, is a FA and more reliable. 
Cleveland picked up basically an arm they hope can just soak up innings while they try and stick in the race. Dodgers add infield depth. 

Seeing some of these teams make sort of 'scratch your back I scratch mine' lateral moves could be in the cards. 

5 hours ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

They are just so well run. Their owner has shelled out so much money, but its totally worth it with all of those world series wins over the last 35 years. How do they keep count of all those trophies?

i'd suck friedman's dick if the angels were run half as well as the dodgers. when's the last year they didn't make the tournament?

well, maybe not suck it, but i might juggle the balls a little bit.

3 hours ago, mmc said:

Rosario is awful, one of the worst defenders in baseball and a 85 wRC+

Yep, I think many people thought he had put it together last year when he wasn't a disaster defensively but man did he ever go in the extreme opposite direction this year.  Statistically the worst SS in MLB this year and it's not close.

3 hours ago, DMVol said:

Friedman and the Dodgers must think he can help….Syndergaard is beyond awful, whatever that is…..wasted roster spot….

It sort of looks like two teams dumping someone that hasn't worked out this year.  For the Dodgers it's better depth than Vargas or Busch where Syndergaard just looks done AF.

Rosario for Syndergaard seems like a "we are tired of this guy, so please just take him and we'll take the guy you're tired of off your hands" kind of deal.  Both players have been poor and likely don't have much upside, but the Dodgers are great at maximizing hitting talent (see Pujols' "rebirth" with them) and the Guardians are great at maximizing pitching talent, so maybe both teams figure oh, what the hell, why not?

6 hours ago, ScottT said:

I just heard some... one... on the radio... that could not believe the Dodgers got a solid player.... Ahmed Rosario... for Noah Syndergaard.

They both suck.

So does Kike Hernandez.

If they both turn it around, I'm going to lose my mind.   See JD Martinez, Jason Heyward.

Kike hitting 500 since his return

5 minutes ago, mmc said:

What would you trade for Soto?

I don’t often say this but without giving up Detmers or Neto we don’t have the pieces to get him. Your best chance to get him would involve giving up Neto and Silseth along with whatever talent is left in the minors for Soto and Kim.