• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2023 MLB Trade Deadline Thread

mmc

12 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

The statement that he was taking part in baseball activities back in May, yet no news on that front since then.

I don’t know l, I don’t really honestly understand your point.  Could be me.

What news would you want if he is out due to a personal family issue that obviously is not resolved yet?

Isn’t that all we really need to know?

46 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

SomethIng doesn’t add up with the Stassi news below 

053FA960-0669-4922-BC03-7C19175D8BED.png

This site probably just webscrapes things from the web and uses an intern or AI to autogenerate updates like this. Stick to the beats for real updates. 

Unrelated, I think Moustakas is one of the best guys they could’ve gotten. Already feels like he has come through in some big moments. It’s also why I think nabbing a good vet back-up catcher would be wise. 

37 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I don’t know l, I don’t really honestly understand your point.  Could be me.

What news would you want if he is out due to a personal family issue that obviously is not resolved yet?

Isn’t that all we really need to know?

I agree, except for the fact he was taking part in baseball activities in May and then nothing new since then.

I guess it could be that he left those baseball activities due to the family issue, in which case I leave it alone.

3 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

I agree, except for the fact he was taking part in baseball activities in May and then nothing new since then.

I guess it could be that he left those baseball activities due to the family issue, in which case I leave it alone.

Don’t get me wrong, I am also baffled as to what is going on.

But because it is obviously very private and we are deliberately being left in the dark completely, I would have a hard time judging what looks right or wrong here.

How could I when we just don’t know at all what is going on?

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

Yep.  My biggest fear is that the Angels decide to add rather than sell, then completely go in the tank once they get to the really tough part of the remaining schedule.  Basically getting false hope from this stretch of the schedule. 

I think there's a 0% chance this team sells anything so I'm not even really spending any time speculating potential moves, but it's definitely what I would do, and honestly what I think Perry would also want to do if he had full autonomy, but it would be such an awful look in terms of our ability to compete that I don't think Arte would ever allow it

3 minutes ago, mmc said:

I think there's a 0% chance this team sells anything so I'm not even really spending any time speculating potential moves, but it's definitely what I would do, and honestly what I think Perry would also want to do if he had full autonomy, but it would be such an awful look in terms of our ability to compete that I don't think Arte would ever allow it

I agree that it's unlikely that they'll sell.  If they're not going to trade Ohtani, I'd prefer to just stand pat and see how it goes or make some marginal add that doesn't deplete the farm. 

7 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I agree that it's unlikely that they'll sell.  If they're not going to trade Ohtani, I'd prefer to just stand pat and see how it goes or make some marginal add that doesn't deplete the farm. 

Depends a lot on next 6 games what they do. Could be 7 games back by end of Sunday or 1 or 2 games back.

Just now, HaloMilliVanilli said:

Has there ever been a significant free agent who was traded at the deadline for a big haul who then resigned with the original trading team in the winter?  For example, Shohei being traded by the Angels and then resigning as a free agent with the Angels.

Aroldis Chapman

20 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Yep.  My biggest fear is that the Angels decide to add rather than sell, then completely go in the tank once they get to the really tough part of the remaining schedule.  Basically getting false hope from this stretch of the schedule. 

My biggest fear is they do nothing.

Either go all-in or go full sell-mode.

Don’t stand in the middle.

2 minutes ago, Trendon said:

My biggest fear is they do nothing.

Either go all-in or go full sell-mode.

Don’t stand in the middle.

Exactly. ffs, this is probably their last year with Ohtani. Go for it!*

If it doesn't work out and Ohtani still walks this winter, rebuild.
They can still move any combo of Estevez, Drury, Sandoval, Ward, maybe Thaiss, maybe Anderson for prospects to build around Neto, O'Hoppe, Detmers, and Trout. 

*And when I say go for it, I still think there's a path where even a number of marginal upgrades could go a long way, so long as they actually bring in 3-4 guys. 

33 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Exactly. ffs, this is probably their last year with Ohtani. Go for it!*

If it doesn't work out and Ohtani still walks this winter, rebuild.
They can still move any combo of Estevez, Drury, Sandoval, Ward, maybe Thaiss, maybe Anderson for prospects to build around Neto, O'Hoppe, Detmers, and Trout. 

*And when I say go for it, I still think there's a path where even a number of marginal upgrades could go a long way, so long as they actually bring in 3-4 guys. 

I do not belief halos have prospects to bring in an impact player. So many buyers with much better farm systems.

41 minutes ago, Trendon said:

Obviously they should be aiming higher than this, but if they don’t sell, it’d at least be nice to finally finish above .500

Tired of losing records year after year.

I don't really give a shit if they're 83-79 vs 79-83 or whatever.  It's still mediocrity.

My concern is that they try to do too much this year, fail, lose Ohtani, and then are overall in a weaker position heading into the next one to three years.  I am 100% in the "trade Ohtani" camp and also 100% in the "don't re-sign him unless you commit to increasing payroll for the next few years."  I fully realize that I'm in the minority in my outlook, and I'm ok with that.

8 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I don't really give a shit if they're 83-79 vs 79-83 or whatever.  It's still mediocrity.

My concern is that they try to do too much this year, fail, lose Ohtani, and then are overall in a weaker position heading into the next one to three years.  I am 100% in the "trade Ohtani" camp and also 100% in the "don't re-sign him unless you commit to increasing payroll for the next few years."  I fully realize that I'm in the minority in my outlook, and I'm ok with that.

I agree with you