• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2023 MLB Trade Deadline Thread

mmc

Just now, Stradling said:

Since it isn’t my money I would be fine with a Goldy and Contreras for a minimal return.  

Cardinals don’t want to blow it up, I’m pretty sure they’re only gonna trade expiring players

8 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Yea, I have heard that, but if they aren’t sold on Contreras, they would move him.  

Contreras is possible (though I think even he’s unlikely), but there’s no chance they trade Goldschmidt

According to MLB.com, Texas moved their #11 and #14 prospects (and John King) for Montgomery and Stratton...and they are a Top 10 farm according to most resources. 

The Quero and Bush price for Giolito and Lopez is looking like a really good deal based off cost of other trades. 

10 minutes ago, totdprods said:

According to MLB.com, Texas moved their #11 and #14 prospects (and John King) for Montgomery and Stratton...and they are a Top 10 farm according to most resources. 

The Quero and Bush price for Giolito and Lopez is looking like a really good deal based off cost of other trades. 

I agree only difference Texas in much better playoff position. Now Angels only 5 out in West.

Who would have predicted at the beginning of the season that the Mets, Cardinals and White Sox would all be having fire sales at the trade deadline. Especially the Cardinals and the White Sox since they both play in horrible divisions. I guess that manager that manager that led the Cardinals to that amazing comeback last season, but still got fired, was doing a good job after all. 

Maaaaybe he learned his lesson a couple years back when he traded Graveman in the middle of the pennant race and it pissed off the clubhouse, but I doubt it. A seller's market with rentals and surplus pitching? Behind all the teams in the WC and the West? He's going to be way too tempted to make some deals.