• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

August 1st, 2023 Trade Deadline: Does Ohtani get traded despite Arte's denials??

They are playing much better now and very well may be in this thing at the deadline so no way he get's traded in that scenario. Even if they know he won't re-sign then they still have to go for it with his last couple of months in an Angel uniform if the playoffs are within reach. 

2 hours ago, disarcina said:

YES -- Halos really have no real choice here. -- cannot risk losing Ohtani (best MLB player of all time) leave for draft pick compensation.

NO -  Arte keeps his word but risks being the guy  who not only let Ohtani get away, but get away for virtually nothing in return.

Considering we are currently a playoff team and only 4 games out of 1st place. WHY THE HELL IS THIS A QUESTION?

Edited by stormngt

2 hours ago, disarcina said:

YES -- Halos really have no real choice here. -- cannot risk losing Ohtani (best MLB player of all time) leave for draft pick compensation.

NO -  Arte keeps his word but risks being the guy  who not only let Ohtani get away, but get away for virtually nothing in return.

This is just fuckwittery. And very old fuckwittery, too.

tenor-3771699148.gif.4eb430672b09346122f932fdd4ac5383.gif

5 minutes ago, Hubs said:

Tim @disarcina as I said in the other thread, I have no idea why any Angels fan would want a bunch of prospects back instead of the possibility of the playoffs and the chance to re-sign him. Unless the Angels go something like 7-26 over the next 33 games...

Here's some Baseball-Trade Values trades from other folks who have posted on their trade boards. For the Record, I wouldn't trade Ohtani, but here's other's ideas.

1) Ohtani to the Yankees for:

Clarke Schmidt (4.65 ERA 27 year old starter currently in their rotation), Spencer Jones (OF, #3 prospect) and Austin Wells (C, #2 prospect). 

My thoughts...No Dominguez. No Deal.

2) Ohtani to the Rays for:

Jonathan Aranda (25 year old AAA infielder with great stats at Durham, not on the prospects list), Shane Baz 24 year old starter currently on 60-Day DL for Tommy John, and Drew Rasmussen, 27 year old starter, also done for year with possible Tommy John. 

NO.

3)Ohtani and Ben Joyce to Braves for

AJ Smith-Shawver (SP, #1 Braves Prospect, currently in Majors, 20 years old, 2.30 ERA in 3 appearances, 2 starts). Kyle Wright (27 years old --- 21 game winner a year ago but been injured almost all this season...), and Ian Anderson, 25 year old starter, in minors currently, but been in and out of Braves Rotation last three years. 

Better, but still NO. I don't think the Braves give up three young starters, nor do I think the Angels want all young players without 6 years of control. I'd imagine they would want a player like Grissom back instead of Anderson. 

2 minutes ago, Hubs said:

Here's some Baseball-Trade Values trades from other folks who have posted on their trade boards. For the Record, I wouldn't trade Ohtani, but here's other's ideas.

1) Ohtani to the Yankees for:

Clarke Schmidt (4.65 ERA 27 year old starter currently in their rotation), Spencer Jones (OF, #3 prospect) and Austin Wells (C, #2 prospect). 

My thoughts...No Dominguez. No Deal.

2) Ohtani to the Rays for:

Jonathan Aranda (25 year old AAA infielder with great stats at Durham, not on the prospects list), Shane Baz 24 year old starter currently on 60-Day DL for Tommy John, and Drew Rasmussen, 27 year old starter, also done for year with possible Tommy John. 

NO.

3)Ohtani and Ben Joyce to Braves for

AJ Smith-Shawver (SP, #1 Braves Prospect, currently in Majors, 20 years old, 2.30 ERA in 3 appearances, 2 starts). Kyle Wright (27 years old --- 21 game winner a year ago but been injured almost all this season...), and Ian Anderson, 25 year old starter, in minors currently, but been in and out of Braves Rotation last three years. 

Better, but still NO. I don't think the Braves give up three young starters, nor do I think the Angels want all young players without 6 years of control. I'd imagine they would want a player like Grissom back instead of Anderson. 

I'd do all these in a heartbeat, particularly the latter two

5 minutes ago, mmc said:

I'd do all these in a heartbeat, particularly the latter two

If the pitchers weren't injured, they are the kind of deals that make some sense. But honestly I want to go for it, and if he leaves, he leaves.

31 minutes ago, Hubs said:

If the pitchers weren't injured, they are the kind of deals that make some sense. But honestly I want to go for it, and if he leaves, he leaves.

What will it take to get Stroman?  I’d say trade for him and extend him if possible as insurance in case Ohtani leaves.

Stroman's Value On BTV is 9.8. That's worth about 2 @ Ky Bush. I would say Bush, Davidson, and someone like Guzman, or another position player prospect. I doubt Adell or Quero was moved in that type of deal, but you have to think of the Dylan Bundy deal in 2020. Maybe add in a lower level pitcher like Dana.

"Baltimore acquired Minor League right-handers Kyle Bradish, Isaac Mattson, Zach Peek and Kyle Brnovich in a deal that sent Major League starter Dylan Bundy to Los Angeles."

That was 4 pitchers for one, but Bradish is in their rotation now (12 starts, 3.90 ERA), and Mattson appears to be out of the league, but appeared in 2021 for them. Peek is currently on the DL (TJ last August).  Brnovich is also on 60-day DL (TJ last May). 

56 minutes ago, Hubs said:

Stroman's Value On BTV is 9.8. That's worth about 2 @ Ky Bush. I would say Bush, Davidson, and someone like Guzman, or another position player prospect. I doubt Adell or Quero was moved in that type of deal, but you have to think of the Dylan Bundy deal in 2020. Maybe add in a lower level pitcher like Dana.

"Baltimore acquired Minor League right-handers Kyle Bradish, Isaac Mattson, Zach Peek and Kyle Brnovich in a deal that sent Major League starter Dylan Bundy to Los Angeles."

That was 4 pitchers for one, but Bradish is in their rotation now (12 starts, 3.90 ERA), and Mattson appears to be out of the league, but appeared in 2021 for them. Peek is currently on the DL (TJ last August).  Brnovich is also on 60-day DL (TJ last May). 

That’s steep but he might be the #1 in our rotation, definitely in a playoff rotation.

5 hours ago, warped said:

Do you trade the greatest player of all time.

do you let t he greatest player of all time leave without getting more than a draft pick compensation?   IMO, that's the. question but I can see it's not a very. popular topic here.

I just don't see how. you let the greatest player off all time without getting off value (more than a draft. pick) in return. The Angels could get a few top prospects and a MLB ready player who would  be under club control for five years as a few teams over-pay for a two month rental of. Ohtani and the chance to. convince him to sign as a F/A with that team.   I guess were I differ from the AW majority here - is I don't see any way that Ohtani extends his stay in Anaheim beyond this season.  Oh well. That's OK.

4 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

1920 red sox

right.  completely different MLB world. back then,

NO Free  Agency - teams owned the players for their entire career.

Ruth got traded so the BoSox owner could finance a Broadway Play.   No wonder BoSox fans were ticked.