• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Logan O'Hoppe out 4-6 months with torn labrum

mmc

4 minutes ago, gurn67 said:

Jorge Alfaro is in AAA for the Red Sox right now. He's much better than the two guys we have, and I can't believe it would take much to get him.

If you wanted to go all in and a team badly needed an INF’er, Rengifo might bring back somebody decent…. obviously you don’t want to overreact…other teams know the situation so you’d need to match up with another team that needs help now…

19 minutes ago, gurn67 said:

Jorge Alfaro is in AAA for the Red Sox right now. He's much better than the two guys we have, and I can't believe it would take much to get him.

We’re now seeing the importance of having strong catching depth, teams will have little desire to create a similar void for their organization, even if the guys you’d be trading for have minimal to no value in a vacuum.  That’s why I think our best chance at an external upgrade is taking advantage of someone’s roster crunch.  The Dodgers had their catching depth similarly tested due to injuries a couple weeks ago, their external solution was to sign Austin Wynns after the Giants DFAd him.

Just now, mmc said:

We’re now seeing the importance of having strong catching depth, teams will have little desire to create a similar void for their organization, even if the guys you’d be trading for have minimal to no value in a vacuum.  That’s why I think our best chance at an external upgrade is taking advantage of someone’s roster crunch.

Probably not likely but certainly possible…

This franchise really is jinxed. Ironic getting hurt swinging in the batter's box and getting a hit. 

A really important position with a very promising rookie just getting started. Rehab will be important. Range of motion and fluidity need to be regained. 

Best to take it slow and hope he's ok for next year. A year lost of familiarity with the staff and developing leadership. 

And he barely had any time catching Ohtani. And maybe never will if he's out for the season. 

I just saw the swing that led to the injury for the first time (had no idea what happened, didn't catch that game). That looked really bad.

I've seen something similar happen a few times, not with baseball though. Not a clean injury at all... that's surgery, not rest and ibuprofen.

Not to get too dramatic, but ai hope this isn't going to be a really bad career altering thing.

“I like where we’re at behind the plate,” said manager Phil Nevin. “I’m confident in those guys. These pitchers have all thrown to them. We’re in a good place there.”

“I feel good about, obviously, what we currently have,” said Angels GM Perry Minasian. “Matt’s developing. He’s getting better every day. Chad’s been there and done that.”

“I would consider everybody, yeah,” Minasian said when asked about Quero. “If they’re in the organization, we’ll take a look and we’ll consider what our best options are.”

The Angels have to pivot to these discussions now. They have to start thinking about bringing someone in. They have to think about establishing more depth. Minasian didn’t rule out looking elsewhere for help, either.