• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What will become of our friend Ippei?

UndertheHalo

On 2/14/2023 at 10:36 AM, UndertheHalo said:

I have spent a lot of time fretting about this.  I am not sure.  What do we think Ippei will do!?

Ippei will go with The Sho, wherever that is. Could be that place called The Ravine. Then Ippei would not have to relocate. I hope Trouty is a master persuader. And then there's Arte's checkbook.

• 9 months later...
On 2/15/2023 at 3:42 AM, Blarg said:

This is kind of dumb. His employment by the Angels is for a singular task so if Ohtani leaves through free agency his services won't be required. Future employment will depend on Ohtani requesting his services even if Ohtani signs an extension. 

I have partially translated the article below.
Reference in Japanese: Bunshun Online on March 30, 2023

In February 2012, when former Red Sox player Hideki Okajima signed a minor league contract with the Yankees, Ippei was hired by the Yankees as his exclusive interpreter. However, Okajima was unable to pass a physical check conducted during his provisional contract because an abnormality was found in his left shoulder, his contract was invalidated. Ippei's contract was also cancelled.

11 hours ago, FromJapan said:

I have partially translated the article below.
Reference in Japanese: Bunshun Online on March 30, 2023

In February 2012, when former Red Sox player Hideki Okajima signed a minor league contract with the Yankees, Ippei was hired by the  Yankees as his exclusive interpreter. However, Okajima was unable to pass a physical check conducted during his provisional contract because an abnormality was found in his left shoulder, his contract was invalidated. Ippei's contract was also cancelled.

Thank you for the Ippei lore.