• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kole Calhoun - Trade Piece or LF?

Don't sign Hamilton.

Go with an OF of Trout/Bourjos/Calhoun, with Trumbo subbing occasionally.

Wait a minute....

I was hoping they would have given Calhoun a shot for OF when they didn't re-sign Torii.  Wasn't a fan of the Hamilton signing at the time and thought the money have focused on aquiring pitching with the losses of Greinke, Santana and Haren.   

This organization seems to have a love affair with old and washed up players over younger guys.  Trout had to have Wells injured, & the best rookie season of all time just to start last year.  Now we have Blanton and Hanson take starts over Richards, and Shuck/Hawpe taking starts/ab's over Calhoun.  

We know Shuck and Hawpe's ceiling already, we don't know what Calhoun can possibly offer, so why dont we start him and maybe we catch lightning in a bottle like Jim Edmonds in 95?  You never know unless you let them play.

This organization seems to have a love affair with old and washed up players over younger guys.  Trout had to have Wells injured, & the best rookie season of all time just to start last year.  Now we have Blanton and Hanson take starts over Richards, and Shuck/Hawpe taking starts/ab's over Calhoun.  

We know Shuck and Hawpe's ceiling already, we don't know what Calhoun can possibly offer, so why dont we start him and maybe we catch lightning in a bottle like Jim Edmonds in 95?  You never know unless you let them play.

News flash, Trout was promoted before Well's injury.  Its ok to spout off and vent, but please have facts straight.

I've been a big fan of Calhoun from early on and think he's still a bit underrated, with a chance of being a solidly above average major leaguer, even a borderline star. I see his best-case scenario being something like .290/.850 with 20 HR; the Choo comp is good, or as I said sometime ago "Baby Brian Giles."

Plus, I think it would be a bad move because his trade value isn't as high as he's worth, at least not until he actually succeeds in the majors. At 25 years old in a hitter's park his numbers at Salt Lake will be suspect. I'd rather see him become the 4th outfielder, and if he does well then they can trade Trumbo, who has higher value.

In order of most-to-least likely to trade... for me... it'd be Trumbo, Bourjos, Calhoun.  

And, I'm very encouraged by Trumbo's improved plate discipline.  Just think he would get better value.  

So now the jury is out because he is injury prone?

If the jury is still out than the jury pool must be from Florida.  After all they let Casey Anthony go!

The jury isn't out because he may be injury-prone, but that I'm not sold on his hitting ability yet.

It seems that Bourjos is hurt one week out of every month. Why not just keep Calhoun until someone presents us with an offer we cannot refuse?

Before this year how much time did he spend on the DL?

The jury isn't out because he may be injury-prone, but that I'm not sold on his hitting ability yet.

Bourjos since the start of the 2011 season (including last year's part time treatment)  is batting 270 with approximately 316 OBP (I don't know the exact formula used to calculate it) and OPS of .731

That is what he is doing at the plate over two plus seasons.  Again, if the jury is still out for you than you must be from Florida!

So you think he'll be at least a .270 hitter for the rest of his career based on a season and a half?

you mean the two plus seasons?  Yes, I feel he is about a 270 hitter.

Let's do the math.

2011 is one season

2012 is another season

2013 is half a season

Why do you have to be condescending? I thought he had an atrocious 2012 and didn't play regularly which is why I didn't count that as a full season and this one is only half over so at best I'd say 2. Still, it's not worth arguing about.

After last year, I was hoping for more consistency. I hope you're right.