• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2022-23 Offseason Hot Stove Thread

mmc

25 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Of course they do. But then the argument shifts back to "mo ring since 1988, covid rings are as real as yoga pants that sit high on the waste and squeeze your gut into your ass"

I do not concur. There is a case to be made the 2020 WS Championship was more difficult to achieve than a full season World Series Championship.

3 hours ago, TempeAngel said:

I do not concur. There is a case to be made the 2020 WS Championship was more difficult to achieve than a full season World Series Championship.

If that’s the case, why not just have a two month season every year?

Any team can get hot for a month in October.   At least make each team earn their way to October.

Any season with the current version of the Marlins in the post-season is dubious.

Edited by Angel Oracle

6 hours ago, Docwaukee said:

I was thinking it was more Klaus than Claus.  

I was thinking it was more like we will get our splash when Santa comes.  Then we should expect a break while he smokes a cigarette wondering if he made a mistake or not.

That’s just how I read it.

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

If that’s the case, why not just have a two month season every year?

Any team can get hot for a month in October.   At least make each team earn their way to October.

Any season with the current version of the Marlins in the post-season is dubious.

I see your point, but I think this really only holds water if the Dodgers were like, the 7th or 8th best team in the league that somehow snuck in, got hot, and won it all.  But they were the best team in the sport that year (record wise) and I don't think there was any kind of doubt that they would have made it into the playoffs in a normal 162 game season.

Every October, the same scenario plays out about getting hot.  The Phillies arguably did that now and almost won it all.

I'm all for mocking Dodger fans and saying it's not real just to mess with them, but in reality I think that title counts as much as any, especially more than the Astros 2017 one.

I can’t decide if Judge staying in NY screws us over in the shortstop market or not 

Let’s pretend we do want Correa, did the Giants now throw a bunch of money at him when they otherwise wouldn’t have if they got Judge?

Would the Yanks have went after Xander if they lost out on Judge?

The story of the Padres making Judge an offer also says:

Judge met with Padres owner Peter Seidler and president of baseball operations A.J. Preller but “it is believed they never got the chance to make a formal bid.”

First of all, the Winter Meetings are in San Diego so you can’t really conclude that Judge being in San Diego was specifically a Padre visit.  So they talked to the Padres.  

So what?