• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Sam Blum interview with Phil Nevin

mmc

8 minutes ago, Stradling said:

What @Swordsman78 fails to realize is a big reason the team is playing better or winning more is because Nevin has been a puppet and a data guy more so than Maddon. You are like AO on a bender with your Nevin posts. 

I'm guessing this is a bit of hyperbole with the puppet label, but I'm willing to bet Montomery has been the guy driving the data stuff while Nevin has been the guy keeping the troops focused and overseeing the clubhouse.  It's actually the sort of set up I'd like to see moving forward, a guy the players can relate to who is adept at taking the data he's being fed and implementing it on those occasions where he has to "think".

The fact that he saw the need for some team building and saw fit to use the situation to implement practicing fundamentals paints him favorably IMO.

26 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

Maybe I don't but Perry must know.  Go ask him.

Although I have been more correct about this situation than alot of posters here.  So mebbe you should give me some rope.

Yeah, because I have more access to Perry than the media— who have gotten requests to speak with Perry declined for the post month.

You were right, as they did end up retaining Nevin.

But we still don’t know whether this decision was Minasian’s first choice or if it was an ownership decision.

3 minutes ago, Trendon said:

Yeah, because I have more access to Perry than the media— who have gotten requests to speak with Perry declined for the post month.

You were right, as they did end up retaining Nevin.

But we still don’t know whether this decision was Minasian’s first choice or if it was an ownership decision.

I would be surprised if it wasn't Perry's decision.  Most likely his job is on the line in 2023.  It wouldn't be fair to make him go to battle with not his chosen team.   Also if that was the case then any man should probably resign.

1 hour ago, Swordsman78 said:

I would be surprised if it wasn't Perry's decision.  Most likely his job is on the line in 2023.  It wouldn't be fair to make him go to battle with not his chosen team.   Also if that was the case then any man should probably resign.

It wouldn’t be the first time Arte was unfair.

But regardless, Nevin’s the manager whether I like it or not and hopefully 2023 is better (but history says it won’t be)

Just now, Chuckster70 said:

I know @jsnpritchett will give me a facepalm reaction to this, but I totally agree. 

I cannot name people that I interact with but they agree he's a clown but and echo the same sentiments, Strad. He's not well respected among some people with the club. 

Ha ha.  Probably because he actually tries to hold people with the club accountable, rather than lobbing softball questions at them or just parroting back whatever they say without questioning it. 

Sorry that Sam hurt your and Stradling's feelings so much.