• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Sam Blum interview with Phil Nevin

mmc

Just now, jsnpritchett said:

Ha ha.  Probably because he actually tries to hold people with the club accountable, rather than lobbing softball questions at them or just parroting back whatever they say without questioning it. 

Sorry that Sam hurt your and Stradling's feelings so much. 

He doesn’t hurt my feelings, he’s simply a hack. 

4 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I cannot name people that I interact with but they agree he's a clown and echo the same sentiments, Strad. He's not well respected among some people with the club. 

I’m sure he’s not well respected among some people with the club because he isn’t afraid to ask uncomfortable questions and doesn’t sugarcoat things.

But it all adds up when you realize he’s from NY and basically covers the team like a NY reporter would.

I don’t mind that style, but it is one that the org probably isn’t used to seeing from one of its beat writers.

3 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Ha ha.  Probably because he actually tries to hold people with the club accountable, rather than lobbing softball questions at them or just parroting back whatever they say without questioning it. 

Sorry that Sam hurt your and Stradling's feelings so much. 

@jsnpritchett I actually like him for that, but it seems like that's all he's trying to do. It feels forced that he's trying to attract attention to himself. 

I mean the dude's banner is of him on The View. 

THE VIEW. 

1 minute ago, Trendon said:

I’m sure he’s not well respected among some people with the club because he isn’t afraid to ask uncomfortable questions and doesn’t sugarcoat things.

But it all adds up when you realize he’s from NY and basically covers the team like a NY reporter would.

I don’t mind that style, but it is one that the org probably isn’t used to seeing from one of its beat writers.

Or he can do what they do in NY which is build a strong enough relationship to ask the tough questions. 

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

You drinking that on ice or neat, or with some soda water and a lime?

Double with tonic and two limes. It's gonna be a weird movie, so I wanted to "enhance" the experience a bit. 

I also literally ran into the star of the movie coming out if an odd bathroom with a lot of strange doors. He yelled out, "Too many doors!" as he barged in.  

3 minutes ago, halomatt said:

I use Buffalo Trace in my Old Fashioned.  Is that bad?  I'm kinda a hard liquor novice.  It tastes good, so I figure, "what the hell?"  But is there a more appropriate choice? 

Yeah Buffalo is good for an Old Fashioned, I also like Elijah Craig Barrel-Proof and Four Roses Single Barrel. 

37 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

I like the way this thread derailed. I have a little Jim Beam left so will finish it off.

I know, cheap stuff, but I'm on a fixed income.

Jim Beam is good, don't let anyone tell you differently. If you haven't tried it yet, for 10 bucks more you can get Jim Beam Black. It's the best whisky for the price on our planet. Trust me.

Anyhow, Jim Beam was bought out by Suntory, a Japanese Whisky co. So was Makers Mark and Knob Creek. 

https://www.beamsuntory.com/en

On 10/5/2022 at 12:28 AM, ukyah said:

i'll accept your professional opinion. 

i understand they are doing individual work, but my point was that i find it strange there isn't team practice in mlb. 

These guys have practiced their whole lives to become the best in the world.  They then have Spring Training to get sharp.

When exactly do you think they should have a “team practice” around playing games basically every day?

Every game is a practice for the next game.

Edited by Dtwncbad

9 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

These guys have practiced their whole lives to become the best in the world.  They then have Spring Training to get sharp.

When exactly do you think they should have a “team practice” around playing games basically every day?

Every game is a practice for the next game.

I don’t want to speak for him but I’m guessing he’s talking about daily infield practice, something the Angels have brought back but isn’t as common as it once was in the majors. Or team batting practice versus the little groups of players they send to the cages. Fletch pointed out that they do their fine tuning in the indoor cages. 

12 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I don’t want to speak for him but I’m guessing he’s talking about daily infield practice, something the Angels have brought back but isn’t as common as it once was in the majors. Or team batting practice versus the little groups of players they send to the cages. Fletch pointed out that they do their fine tuning in the indoor cages. 

I don’t think taking infield/outfield is a “team practice.”  That’s a pre-game warmup.

I actually think he is talking about a team practice with drills, etc.  I wonder if he also expects David Fletcher’s mom to pack and bring orange slices.

Edited by Dtwncbad