• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

NY Post: “A Golden State Warriors group — plus groups from Hollywood, Orange County and Japan (Shohei Ohtani connection!) — are showing interest in the Angels.”

BTH

“With MLB team valuations way up, more teams may come up for sale. The Nationals and Angels are two known to be on the block, with both teams expected to fetch $2 billion-plus even though both share part of a market.

A Golden State Warriors group — plus groups from Hollywood, Orange County and Japan (Shohei Ohtani connection!) — are showing interest in the Angels.”

https://nypost.com/2022/09/01/max-scherzers-theory-on-mlb-injury-epidemic-bad-mechanics/

1 hour ago, Trendon said:

“With MLB team valuations way up, more teams may come up for sale. The Nationals and Angels are two known to be on the block, with both teams expected to fetch $2 billion-plus even though both share part of a market.

A Golden State Warriors group — plus groups from Hollywood, Orange County and Japan (Shohei Ohtani connection!) — are showing interest in the Angels.”

https://nypost.com/2022/09/01/max-scherzers-theory-on-mlb-injury-epidemic-bad-mechanics/

Max Scherzer  is buying the Angels?

I do wonder if there had been some fairly meaningful discussions with at least one potential buyer prior to Arte going public with the announcement that he would explore selling.  Just seems like you would have some meetings and try to establish at least some initial traction (providing some baseline feedback that you could get what you want) before you say anything.

i'd be ecstatic if lacob group bought the angels. i'm sure there are some other suitors i'd get excited about as well, but at least this guy has shown he knows how to build a sustainable organization, and he's clearly not in for the yearly personal income source. get me some of that smart money, and watch me become interested in the possibilities for this team. hope springs anew!

32 minutes ago, Trendon said:

I’d love for Lacob to buy the Angels.

With the Warriors, he seems to have placed a huge emphasis on technology and analytics led by his son, Kirk Lacob:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/patrickmurray/2019/05/26/inside-how-silicon-valley-helps-keep-the-golden-state-warriors-at-the-cutting-edge/?sh=1e9f2bfd3847

And think of the potentially great nicknames @Angel Oracle will be able to use if Lamecob buys the team.

17 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Golden States Warriors group showing interest in the Angels, to me screams, we want to move the team to San Jose after Oakland moves to Las Vegas.

Why move to an area with 1/3 the population, a smaller general media market, a similarly established “A” team (Giants, Dodgers) and an average income edge that can’t overcome the overall population discrepancy?

You guessed it, Frank Stallone.

35 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Golden States Warriors group showing interest in the Angels, to me screams, we want to move the team to San Jose after Oakland moves to Las Vegas.

The Giants have territorial rights over San Jose and blocked the A’s from moving there ~15 years ago.

If they won’t let the A’s move there, no way they let the Angels move there.