• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels select Ryan Aguilar and Zack Weiss, DFA Jose Rojas and Steven Duggar

mmc

If I were the Angels I'd do some Giants-esque waiver maneuvering with position players for the remainder of the season.  This team needs offensive depth and I'm not confident it will spend the required money to build it adequately through free agency.  We need to try to get as many cheap contributors in here as we can.  Keep trying new position players, claiming any that hit the waiver wire that we think have potential and DFAing the ones who don't work out here.

7 hours ago, mmc said:

If I were the Angels I'd do some Giants-esque waiver maneuvering with position players for the remainder of the season.  This team needs offensive depth and I'm not confident it will spend the required money to build it adequately through free agency.  We need to try to get as many cheap contributors in here as we can.  Keep trying new position players, claiming any that hit the waiver wire that we think have potential and DFAing the ones who don't work out here.

I've been clamoring for the Angels to do that since last season, yet they still haven't. (not that they'd listen to me)

I wonder if part of the reason why is because you have to pay $50,000 to claim a player on waivers and Arte may not give Minasian the budget to claim a bunch of guys on waivers over the course of a year.

18 hours ago, Trendon said:

I've been clamoring for the Angels to do that since last season, yet they still haven't. (not that they'd listen to me)

I wonder if part of the reason why is because you have to pay $50,000 to claim a player on waivers and Arte may not give Minasian the budget to claim a bunch of guys on waivers over the course of a year.

I think you’re thinking of the Rule 5 draft. I don’t think it costs anything to claim a guy on waivers.