• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

“[The Angels] plan to interview for a permanent manager this winter” and “will conduct a full-scale managerial search after the year.”

BTH

• BTH changed the title to “[The Angels] plan to interview for a permanent manager this winter” and “will conduct a full-scale managerial search after the year.”

"It's like, once that happened, I dissolved my affiliation with them," Maddon said in an interview with the Tampa Bay Times. "There's no emotion anymore. There's no anything. It's like to me they don't even exist, organizationally. I still text with a lot of the players, I text with a lot of the staff. One of them called me (Friday). So we're staying in touch."

With a lot of time to himself, Maddon said he mostly spends it playing golf and hanging out with his 90-year-old mother.

Good God, this sounds like a dweeb that keeps texting the ex-girlfriend's friends saying, It's her, right, she's a bitch isn't she?

16 hours ago, Blarg said:

"It's like, once that happened, I dissolved my affiliation with them," Maddon said in an interview with the Tampa Bay Times. "There's no emotion anymore. There's no anything. It's like to me they don't even exist, organizationally. I still text with a lot of the players, I text with a lot of the staff. One of them called me (Friday). So we're staying in touch."

With a lot of time to himself, Maddon said he mostly spends it playing golf and hanging out with his 90-year-old mother.

Good God, this sounds like a dweeb that keeps texting the ex-girlfriend's friends saying, It's her, right, she's a bitch isn't she?

So I took a new position at work this year as I’ve mentioned.  The guy I took over for retired, he worked for us for 49 years and his last 19 were in my role. He was still replying to work emails because he was still part of distribution lists.  He was still trying to give feedback to people, which wasn’t good feedback or productive feedback. He no longer is in any distribution list with my department.  He also texts me frequently. He’s a good man, but I think he’s struggling with retirement.  
Maddon saying there’s no emotion there is being a child. 

On 8/18/2022 at 6:01 PM, Trendon said:

“The Angels, who actually seem to be getting worse, will conduct a full-scale managerial search after the year.”

https://nypost.com/2022/08/18/marlins-don-mattingly-isnt-planning-to-retire/

The NY Post has been hating on the Angels since they refused to trade Ohtani to the Yankees.  

5 hours ago, Stradling said:

So I took a new position at work this year as I’ve mentioned.  The guy I took over for retired, he worked for us for 49 years and his last 19 were in my role. He was still replying to work emails because he was still part of distribution lists.  He was still trying to give feedback to people, which wasn’t good feedback or productive feedback. He no longer is in any distribution list with my department.  He also texts me frequently. He’s a good man, but I think he’s struggling with retirement.  
Maddon saying there’s no emotion there is being a child. 

The retired guy still had access to his work email address?  That sounds like a failure in the IT department.

46 minutes ago, Slegnaac said:

The retired guy still had access to his work email address?  That sounds like a failure in the IT department.

They get to keep their email address forever, especially if they spend 49 years with the company. The failure is having him still in distribution lists. So yes an IT failure. 

33 minutes ago, Stradling said:

They get to keep their email address forever, especially if they spend 49 years with the company. The failure is having him still in distribution lists. So yes an IT failure. 

That seems a really odd decision to me, what's the commercial thinking behind ex-employees still being able to email as if they still worked for the company? I see only risk and no reward.

Just now, WicketMaiden said:

That seems a really odd decision to me, what's the commercial thinking behind ex-employees still being able to email as if they still worked for the company? I see only risk and no reward.

To continue to communicate with retirees is my guess. Working for us becomes part of your identity.  

One of the things I think some people forget and others probably don't even know is that when Scioscia and Stoneman came together in the Angels organization, they transformed the organization from top to bottom.  They instilled a philosophy and an expectation that hadn't existed before.  Call it the "Dodgers way" of whatever you want - but working together, Stoneman and Scioscia laid the foundation that allowed the Angels to win a WS and have success for a good stretch of time.  Once Stoneman "retired" they inserted Tony Reagins which probably gave Scioscia too much power/control.  That didn't work for long and when they brought in Dipoto, he clashed with Scioscia and the cycle continued with bad combinations of GM/Manager.  The point of this is that ever since Stoneman retired, this organization has failed to insert a GM/Manager combo that was in lock step with a specific vision.

Successful organizations do this.  Moreno has failed to do this.

The Angels have an opportunity this off season to get back to that. Minasian will have an opportunity to pick a manager and basically "transform" the organization in the manner in which he feels will make them successful.  Can he do it?  I have no idea, but I would venture to say this is the most important off season the Angels will have in quite some time.

On 8/20/2022 at 9:07 AM, fan_since79 said:

"full-scale managerial search"

LOL.

His name is Darin Erstad and he resides in Nebraska.

I was very, very tired of the fans’ love affair with Erstad that continued way, way past his better days.

I hope to God they don’t bring him back as manager with some silly notion that he will bring his “magic” to the team.

Minasian bears some responsibility in all of this, too. 

He has publicly acknowledged this as well.

Raising one’s hand and saying “my bad” shouldn’t give him a get-out-of-jail-free card.

Maybe it will 😂 but it wouldn’t surprise me if he, too, gets canned.  

If I was to rate his performance in two words or less I would say “underwhelming”.....

On 8/21/2022 at 6:18 AM, Stradling said:

Good, fuck him. 

He is being a baby.  He was the obvious no-brainer hire as this big homecoming of a  guy that would bring legitimacy, experience and winning to the team.

But he was way past his prime and evidently thought all that success would just happen because he is Joe Maddon.

Yes there were roster problems but as you mentioned it would be absurd to think Maddon had no say on roster decisions.

When the team sucks and you have an expiring contract and nothing about your performance indicates you will be better going forward and you lose 14 games in a row, you get fired.

Don't be a bitch about it.  

40 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I was very, very tired of the fans’ love affair with Erstad that continued way, way past his better days.

I hope to God they don’t bring him back as manager with some silly notion that he will bring his “magic” to the team.

If his name wasn't Darrin Erstad, there wouldn't be any discussion about him...college coaches generally don't go directly to the major leagues as a manager....