• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How far are you willing to go to protest Arte?

There’s a movement at Manchester United, arguably one of the largest soccer clubs in the world, in which the season ticket holders are going to boycott a game on 8/22. It’s against Liverpool, considered one of the season’s top matches to protest the Glazer ownership. 

Fans have started a hashtag on Twitter, #emptyoldtrafford, which calls on their fans to stand outside the stadium for the entire game.  They are also calling for unfollowing of social media, and no spending in the store. 

If a movement like this occurred for the Angels, would you partake?  How far are you willing to go to have Arte leave? He can only be hurt with money, right?  He’s sitting pretty now.  Do you believe this would work at all?

I doubt this will have any real impact on that club or if that were done here.  

I’m just curious how far people would go to “protest” Moreno‘s ownership. 

7 minutes ago, Stradling said:

If I thought a boycott would work (I don’t think it would) I’d stop going to games.  But since the real money comes from a guaranteed TV contract, I don’t know what the answer is.  

I love the Angels more than I hate Arte. 

I think this is exactly where I'm at. 

59 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I think this is exactly where I'm at. 

I hope this is where we are all at, but me personally im struggling to be supportive right now.  Im not a fan of Artes checkbook/balance sheet, im a fan of the club.  He needs to decide once and for all who he wants to be as an owner.

Arte came in talking about taking the LA market, whatever happened to that?  Hes not a fool he had to know what that was going to take... and this is not it.
He started on a path, then right at the point where is started to get real, everything suddenly changed. 

Cohen has had one year in NY and could fuck up the next 20 and Mets fans will never say a word.   Same with other clubs that no one can doubt they made their best effort to win, Padres etc... Being a fan of those clubs right now must feel amazing. 

Seeing our team fail time after time in recent season each time of fully self inflicted wounds, is becoming very hard to swallow.   There is no version of this that we can give Arte the benefit of the doubt, he has 100% put a financial number, or on field performance.  

I might have believed that was the best we could do till the land deal, i think thats what killed my support if im being honest... there is no reality where he could pull that off, and not be able to do more for the team to build a winner... leaving me only one conclusion, he chose this. 

and yeah, im really struggling to support hat right now.  We talk about greedy owner that put the bottom line over payroll, how they are all thats wrong with the game.. well, ours is the thesis for that.  He invest to the point hat he maximized his return, and nothing more.  

Meow, call me whatever you will, but the last few seasons have damaged my fandom to a point i dont even want to admit. 

2 minutes ago, floplag said:

Cohen has had one year in NY and could fuck up the next 20 and Mets fans will never say a word.   Same with other clubs that no one can doubt they made their best effort to win, Padres etc... Being a fan of those clubs right now must feel amazing. 

We saw that in  Anaheim... going all in and trading for Teixeira... and Greinke.  Being an Angel fan during that time was also amazing.

The Padres have been here before... they spent wildly and traded tons and that didn't get it done.  The Mets haven't won anything yet...

9 minutes ago, T.G. said:

We saw that in  Anaheim... going all in and trading for Teixeira... and Greinke.  Being an Angel fan during that time was also amazing.

The Padres have been here before... they spent wildly and traded tons and that didn't get it done.  The Mets haven't won anything yet...

All true, but the one thing you cannot say in any of those cases is that they didnt try.  Thats the point. 
Right now to win anytime in the next few seasons, spending is our only out... you cant speed up time and develop guys ahead of their due dates. 

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

There’s a movement at Manchester United, arguably one of the largest soccer clubs in the world, in which the season ticket holders are going to boycott a game on 8/22. It’s against Liverpool, considered one of the season’s top matches to protest the Glazer ownership. 

Fans have started a hashtag on Twitter, #emptyoldtrafford, which calls on their fans to stand outside the stadium for the entire game.  They are also calling for unfollowing of social media, and no spending in the store. 

If a movement like this occurred for the Angels, would you partake?  How far are you willing to go to have Arte leave? He can only be hurt with money, right?  He’s sitting pretty now.  Do you believe this would work at all?

I doubt this will have any real impact on that club or if that were done here.  

I’m just curious how far people would go to “protest” Moreno‘s ownership. 

Nice idea Bob, I feel your pain, but it's a waste of time. Manchester United fans have been protesting ownership since the Glasers took over in a highly leveraged deal in 2004. Walk-outs, boycotts, the 'green and gold' campaign, media exposure, even the formation of a breakaway club F.C. United of Manchester has made very little difference. 1000's of hardcore fans deserted the club and were readily replaced by new customers in a heartbeat.

The club still makes a fortune and is one of the top ten sports franchises in the world for revenue, the Glasers still take tens of millions out of the club each year, the hundreds of millions of debt they created to 'buy' the club is still owed (by the club, not the Glasers), the fans still hate it, the hardcore fans find new ways to protest, and nothing changes. 

Nothing you, I, or anyone can do to influence the ownership of a sports franchise we have an interest in, so why get het up about it? Life's a bit crap sometimes isn't it, and it isn't fair but there you go, so we all have to either suck it up or go and watch something else, plenty more franchises and sports and past-times to enjoy other than our beloved but dysfunctional Angels.

6 minutes ago, WicketMaiden said:

Nothing you, I, or anyone can do to influence the ownership of a sports franchise we have an interest in, so why get het up about it? Life's a bit crap sometimes isn't it, and it isn't fair but there you go, so we all have to either suck it up or go and watch something else, plenty more franchises and sports and past-times to enjoy other than our beloved but dysfunctional Angels.

Bollocks, you nutter!