• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Manager in 2023

Hubs

Angels Manager in 2023 is  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Angels Manager in 2023?

• Nevin
    • Montgomery
    • Scioscia
    • Girardi
    • Someone Else

15 hours ago, Swordsman78 said:

The good guys are now 11-9 in last 20 including 3 extra inning wins.   All this without Trout and Rendon.

Many teams would have imploded from Maddon's losing streak.   But Nevin kept the clubhouse positive while holding players accountable.

Now the team is grinding out wins against playoff teams, and showing some edge and swagger.  

This team team (when healthy) has the pieces to contend.  Even the guys calling for Scoccia have to grudgingly agree that the Angels of the last 20 games have been fun to watch and proud to support.

hey man, i'm happy that you're happy. that's all i've got to say.

On 8/14/2022 at 10:45 AM, Angels 1961 said:

Halos in 6 man rotation because of Ohtani, that's when it started with Angels. Teams used to have 4 man rotation and pitchers throw 130 to 140 pitches a game. Many teams would use starters in relief between starts. Game has changed because of MONEY protect your investment.

Money to Protect their investment? Why aren't Contracts insured incase of injury?.... That would recoup the lost value to toss towards other players the next season?

9 hours ago, Trendon said:

For all you Nevin supporters, do you just ignore the defense and fundamentals of this team?

That 9th inning was a disaster defensively and the lack of execution on basic fundamentals seems like a coaching issue.

If you blame Nevin when it was a one person fail (Stassi) you might be ridiculous . 

5 minutes ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

I blame Nevin for not pinch hitting for Duggar and then leaving Loup in for at least 3 batters too many. Like no one's figured out by now that he sucks and should have the shortest of leashes

Especially when Wantz was doing well...

11 hours ago, Stradling said:

If you blame Nevin when it was a one person fail (Stassi) you might be ridiculous . 

Velazquez throwing home instead of turning a routine double play was a fundamental mistake.

This wasn’t my point in the initial post, but Nevin also deserves blame for leaving Loup in for the 9th against 3 hitters who crush LHP.

24 minutes ago, Trendon said:

Velazquez throwing home instead of turning a routine double play was a fundamental mistake.

This wasn’t my point in the initial post, but Nevin also deserves blame for leaving Loup in for the 9th against 3 hitters who crush LHP.

Should we also blame Nevin when our cereal gets soggy due to having to type on this forum to complain rather than eat?

17 hours ago, Stradling said:

Not at all.  I can go lower. But to pretend that game was on anyone other than Stassi is asinine. 

it's a joke. we're just f'in around here. none of what we say on this board matters, at least in regards to the angels. but if you can go lower than jeff foxworthy, then you are one scary mother fucker.

On 8/15/2022 at 12:56 PM, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Money to Protect their investment? Why aren't Contracts insured incase of injury?.... That would recoup the lost value to toss towards other players the next season?

Billionaire self insured. The Angels are playing the odds.