• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Manager in 2023

Hubs

Angels Manager in 2023 is  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Angels Manager in 2023?

• Nevin
    • Montgomery
    • Scioscia
    • Girardi
    • Someone Else

1 minute ago, Second Base said:

Managers are the most useless pieces of furniture on the planet. 

- Ted Williams

Given this timeless wisdom, I don't give a crap who is coaching. 

I'd say managers have some role in guiding the team through the highs and lows of the season. Our current staff has done an absolute shit job of it; Nevin's the parent that goes and yells at the teacher when his delinquent kid does something stupid at school. 

Scioscia was good at this. Even during the years when Callaspo was batting cleanup and guys like Nolasco, JC Ramirez, and Pineiro were pitching significant innings the team was better than it is now. 

13 minutes ago, Hubs said:

1) Scioscia managed Ohtani for one season, his rookie year, and he had Tommy John after that season. So, they didn't get to fully explore how to handle him.

2) Anyone who thinks he is done as a manager is not correct. He may not want to take a non-Los Angeles or Southern California job, seeing as he's spent the past 40+ years in SoCal. 

3) Moreno may look at the past 4 years and think, gee, maybe firing Scioscia wasn't the best idea.

(With Glory Days by Bruce Springsteen as background music)

I kind of liken all the Scioscia talk to those guys in their 40s and 50s that get drunk and start blabbering about how they could get back together with their old girlfriend in college, reminiscing about the good times and how great the sex was.

99% of the time it’s ridiculous because it either isn’t going to happen or it is a disaster trying. Yeah, there might be a rare case something like that works out but it’s minuscule.

And the point is the guys talking about it do not see the reality of the minuscule chances.  It’s kind of embarrassing absent some evidence of it actually happening.

Show me some actual evidence of the Angels and Scioscia having a mutual interest and then maybe we can take it seriously.

29 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

(With Glory Days by Bruce Springsteen as background music)

I kind of liken all the Scioscia talk to those guys in their 40s and 50s that get drunk and start blabbering about how they could get back together with their old girlfriend in college, reminiscing about the good times and how great the sex was.

99% of the time it’s ridiculous because it either isn’t going to happen or it is a disaster trying. Yeah, there might be a rare case something like that works out but it’s minuscule.

And the point is the guys talking about it do not see the reality of the minuscule chances.  It’s kind of embarrassing absent some evidence of it actually happening.

Show me some actual evidence of the Angels and Scioscia having a mutual interest and then maybe we can take it seriously.

Plus reunions don’t work out normally in MLB.   Time to move on

2 hours ago, Hubs said:

Who do we think? I'm in the Nevin has done an absolutely terrible job camp. I think Moreno pushes to rehire Scioscia.

Please stop with the Scioscia foolishness. Mike has made it quite clear he is never managing a team again. 

The guy who started this thread just has an unknown agenda against Nevin.  Don't ask me why.   The OP has no alternatives, just wanted to put a thread out there to sit back with his popcorn and wait for dopes to bash Nevin.   So infantile.

Nevin is a players coach and probably cares more about winning than the majority on this forum.

8 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

The guy who started this thread just has an unknown agenda against Nevin.  Don't ask me why.   The OP has no alternatives, just wanted to put a thread out there to sit back with his popcorn and wait for dopes to bash Nevin.   So infantile.

Nevin is a players coach and probably cares more about winning than the majority on this forum.

@Hubs is a standup guy... he's not a troll.  If anyone is acting like a baby, it's you.  We know you LOVE Nevin...  but for FFS...

1 minute ago, T.G. said:

@Hubs is a standup guy... he's not a troll.  If anyone is acting like a baby, it's you.  We know you LOVE Nevin...  but for FFS...

He may not be a troll, but the OP was.   It would be better received had he put forth pros and cons and provide his thought process.  Mebbe that's too much to ask tho.

16 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

Problem is, they are 16-30 since he took over.