• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Angels’ Mike Trout dealing with rare back condition

Just do the right procedure, as the team is already pretty much out of the WC race.    Get it right for 2023 and beyond.

Need a healthy Trout and Rendon in 2023, without a doubt.

He does seemingly need to move to LF though, when returning to the lineup later this season or ST 2023.

Edited by Angel Oracle

2 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

Only time will tell, but any back injury can linger. I had back problems for years. Jeff any word on Chris Rod or Canning?

C-Rod is throwing but I don’t get the sense he’s too close to being ready. Certainly not this year, but the question is when he’ll be able to go full go to be ready for next year. 

Canning is still in a holding pattern. Obviously he’s not pitching this year, so it’s also an issue of whether Gemma need surgery or anything that would affect him next season. 

1 minute ago, Angel Oracle said:

Just do the right procedure, as the team is already pretty much out of the WC race.    Get it right for 2023.

Need a healthy Trout and Rendon in 2023, without a doubt.

There is no procedure. It’s not structural. They are hoping the inflammation subsides and he can strengthen the muscles around the spine to keep it stable. 

2 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

There is no procedure. It’s not structural. They are hoping the inflammation subsides and he can strengthen the muscles around the spine to keep it stable. 

That’s what I meant to say, what Dr. Morse said regarding the right approach, and most importantly no rushing it at all.

He’s got 6.5 months until ST.

Edited by Angel Oracle

9 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

That’s what I meant to say, what Dr. Morse said regarding the right approach, and most importantly no rushing it at all.

Oh I agree completely. If they were in the hunt, do what you can to get back on the field. It’s pointless now. Just get the plasma injection and rehab for next year. 

Costovertebral dysfunction. It is not fatal. There will likely be no violins playing in the background as a Gary Cooper actor plays out a tragedy and says "I'm the luckiest man on the fact of the earth." The athlete, however, may have to change the ways he plays baseball -- throwing his body against concrete walls or slamming and bouncing off the ground. And how will he govern the force of swinging a bat when the back condition seems triggered by damage to joints connecting the spine and rib cage.

Ohhh. The complications.

2 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

What's galling is last year he was having perhaps his best start ever when in early May he "strained" his calf jogging back to the dugout after a third out fly ball, then was gone for the year. This year, same thing. Great start, then a host of injuries with this being the big one.

Can he finish his career with a 100+ WAR? Seems doubtful at this point. Can he even play five more seasons?? It's sad.

49 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

What's galling is last year he was having perhaps his best start ever when in early May he "strained" his calf jogging back to the dugout after a third out fly ball, then was gone for the year. This year, same thing. Great start, then a host of injuries with this being the big one.

Can he finish his career with a 100+ WAR? Seems doubtful at this point. Can he even play five more seasons?? It's sad.

Okay pump the brakes a bit. A bad string of horrible luck, what else is new with the Angels. He will hit all the career milestones you would expect. 

He will be DHing and playing LF from here on out, making the loss of Ohtani slightly more bearable.