• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Angels’ Mike Trout dealing with rare back condition

I think people hear 'rare back condition' and think 'rare neurodegenerative disorder' 

from what it looked like per the article it doesn't seem he's got some sort of underlying disorder causing this.  

I think they're calling it rare but it seems more like an unusual or perhaps even underdiagnosed reason for back pain.  Which everyone gets.  This might follow him around a bit but I can't imagine it's going to limit his career or keep him out for too long.  

9 minutes ago, Docwaukee said:

I think people hear 'rare back condition' and think 'rare neurodegenerative disorder' 

from what it looked like per the article it doesn't seem he's got some sort of underlying disorder causing this.  

I think they're calling it rare but it seems more like an unusual or perhaps even underdiagnosed reason for back pain.  Which everyone gets.  This might follow him around a bit but I can't imagine it's going to limit his career or keep him out for too long.  

/Thread 

Now everyone

deborah ann woll relics and rarities GIF by Alpha

18 minutes ago, BILLYMACREXANDGUBI said:

Sounds like a cope to me. Trout looking for an out to this horrible season. I’d bet he would be grinding through it if they were in a potential race for the playoffs.

He was off to one of his best, if not his best season of his career. The team was off to a great start, the. They both fell off a fucking cliff. I would almost be inclined to say the two coincided with each other. 

My guess is the back problem really originated somewhere near the edge of the cliff.

5 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

I'm not sure if folks are being sarcastic about Trout, joking around or are serious. 

Any Trout slander here should be borderline a bannable offence. 

21 minutes ago, BILLYMACREXANDGUBI said:

Sounds like a cope to me. Trout looking for an out to this horrible season. I’d bet he would be grinding through it if they were in a potential race for the playoffs.

40 minutes ago, BILLYMACREXANDGUBI said:

At least you're consistently ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Docwaukee said:

Serious question. Would this be the root issue as opposed to something causing it? Trouts Back pain is the byproduct of inflamed bursa or intermuscular ligaments? Typically PT can correct issues by strengthening areas around it but how would you even attempt to Strengthen the rib area?

6 hours ago, T.G. said:

Just when you think things can't get any worse....

It's really remarkable. 

It's amazing this organization actually won a World Series, landed the greatest player of this generation and the most amazing player in the world in Ohtani.

The same organization has seen the murder of Lyman Bostock, the suicide of Donnie Moore, the tragic death of Nick Adenhart, the death of Tyler Skaggs...

Yep, it's definitely not an easy road being an Angels fan.

But's it's the life I choose many years ago and I ain't going to change it now. 

6 minutes ago, HaloBronco said:

Yep, it's definitely not an easy road being an Angels fan.

But's it's the life I choose many years ago and I ain't going to change it now. 

True fans cannot choose who they root for. Only bandwagon fans can.

I certainly would not choose the Angels as my team if I had an honest choice, but I have no real choice.

2 hours ago, Docwaukee said:

Thank you. 

I think people got way too carried away with the initial report. I didn’t feel like what I wrote should have freaked people out so much. 

We already knew he had a bad back and I think everyone knows if you have back trouble you need to keep on top of it with exercises or PT or whatever. Thats really all this story said. 

The biggest idiot in sports talk, jason smith, just said per fsr twitter account: "We need to get used to a new normal of Trout’s career... At this point, he should exclusively be a DH. It’s tough for the Angels, particularly, because Ohtani can’t pitch every day & occupies that slot."

Anything this ignoramus has ever said has never come true which just leads me to believe that this has got to be someone in Trout's circle making a bigger deal of an injury to cope for another shitty team record.

You have to remember that outside of Angels fans everyone and their mother dines out on being able to say "Angels are wasting Trout/Trout isn't a winner" so this is a good pr move for him when the team is failing to take a little of the heat off of him.

Just a theory maybe way off.

I'm not saying he isn't hurting. I just have a slight suspicion that his camp/the Angels could be making a mountain out of a mole hill to save face.

4 minutes ago, BILLYMACREXANDGUBI said:

I'm not saying he isn't hurting. I just have a slight suspicion that his camp/the Angels could be making a mountain out of a mole hill to save face.

Well now I’ve seen people saying the Angels are artificially overplaying this injury and underplaying it. 

Guess that covers it. 

48 minutes ago, BILLYMACREXANDGUBI said:

The biggest idiot in sports talk, jason smith, just said per fsr twitter account: "We need to get used to a new normal of Trout’s career... At this point, he should exclusively be a DH. It’s tough for the Angels, particularly, because Ohtani can’t pitch every day & occupies that slot."

Anything this ignoramus has ever said has never come true which just leads me to believe that this has got to be someone in Trout's circle making a bigger deal of an injury to cope for another shitty team record.

You have to remember that outside of Angels fans everyone and their mother dines out on being able to say "Angels are wasting Trout/Trout isn't a winner" so this is a good pr move for him when the team is failing to take a little of the heat off of him.

Just a theory maybe way off.

Haha 

You just said:

3 hours ago, BILLYMACREXANDGUBI said:

7 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Well now I’ve seen people saying the Angels are artificially overplaying this injury and underplaying it. 

Guess that covers it. 

Only time will tell, but any back injury can linger. I had back problems for years. Jeff any word on Chris Rod or Canning?