• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Angels’ Mike Trout dealing with rare back condition

8 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

C-Rod is throwing but I don’t get the sense he’s too close to being ready. Certainly not this year, but the question is when he’ll be able to go full go to be ready for next year. 

Canning is still in a holding pattern. Obviously he’s not pitching this year, so it’s also an issue of whether Gemma need surgery or anything that would affect him next season. 

Jeff, if Angel's trade Ohtani would they get more before deadline? It would give contenders 2 chances at WS with him. In off season could Angel's get more of players they would want or MLB players?

8 minutes ago, BILLYMACREXANDGUBI said:

Hey dummy ... when I said "hurting" I mean like everyone else on the team is hurting. Not that he is "injured." 

Man you are so slow, Lou.

It must suck to be ... You. LOL.

That was a different post and has nothing to do with what I quoted, Einstein.

1 hour ago, BILLYMACREXANDGUBI said:

Hey dummy ... when I said "hurting" I mean like everyone else on the team is hurting. Not that he is "injured." 

Man you are so slow, Lou.

It must suck to be ... You. LOL.

Yeah @Lou

its not like you’ve been posting on this forum for like…….it’s inception.

Get a clue, buddy

17 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

Jeff, if Angel's trade Ohtani would they get more before deadline? It would give contenders 2 chances at WS with him. In off season could Angel's get more of players they would want or MLB players?

They could get more prospects and overall “value,” by trading him now, but the question is what kind of value do you want.

Do you want present value or potential value?

If they want young major leaguers, they probably aren’t getting that now because those guys’ current teams still need them. In the off-season they could maybe get a guy like that because the current team can take some time replacing them. 

1 hour ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

They could get more prospects and overall “value,” by trading him now, but the question is what kind of value do you want.

If they want young major leaguers, they probably aren’t getting that now because those guys’ current teams still need them. In the off-season they could maybe get a guy like that because the current team can take some time replacing them. 

Again, if they trade Ohtani anyway to the Dodgers?

21 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

With his injury is does Trout become impossible to trade? I'm not saying to trade him but being over 30 and such a huge contract be hard to move.  Seems more likely halos trade Ohtani to open up DH spot, especially if they feel he is going to test FA. 

Trout isn't a cripple.   He can still play in the field.   Swinging the bat is probably more of an issue than standing around 98% of the time on the grass.

3 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

San Diego GM calls Minasian asks if he would consider trading Ohtani. Minasian says yes does San Diego GM have offer ready or ask Minasian what he is looking for? If Minasian makes it known, he is willing to trade Ohtani is he calling other GM's. How does word get out? 

1 hour ago, Angels 1961 said:

San Diego GM calls Minasian asks if he would consider trading Ohtani. Minasian says yes does San Diego GM have offer ready or ask Minasian what he is looking for? If Minasian makes it known, he is willing to trade Ohtani is he calling other GM's. How does word get out? 

Word gets out from them talking to each other. 

And my understanding is the Angels are basically saying “if you want to make an offer, go ahead.” They aren’t going to engage in any back and forth unless the first offer is essentially something they can’t refuse. 

On 7/29/2022 at 6:21 PM, Jeff Fletcher said:

Word gets out from them talking to each other. 

And my understanding is the Angels are basically saying “if you want to make an offer, go ahead.” They aren’t going to engage in any back and forth unless the first offer is essentially something they can’t refuse. 

Jeff, if Angel's decided to trade Ohtani would they consider offers from Dodgers? In my opinion it would seem you engage all teams for best possible deal.

1 hour ago, Angels 1961 said:

Jeff, if Angel's decided to trade Ohtani would they consider offers from Dodgers? In my opinion it would seem you engage all teams for best possible deal.

Yes they would. That being said, they might have to win the trade by even more if they sent him to the dodgers. 

• 11 months later...
On 7/27/2022 at 4:35 PM, Angel Oracle said:

The death of promising SS prospect Mike Miley before the 1977 season

The car accident that paralyzed All-Star pitcher Minnie Rojas after the 1967 season 

Tanana developing arm problems when only 25 in the late 1970s

The bus accident in 1992

I was thinking about Frank Tanana today. On his 25th birthday, he already had 80 wins and over 1000 strikeouts! He was definitely on a Hall of Fame trajectory. Then, he completely lost his fastball. Never had arm surgery, just had to relearn how to pitch as a crafty lefty. He somehow managed to win 240 games though, and was in the trade that got the Angels Fred Lynn.

49 minutes ago, gurn67 said:

I was thinking about Frank Tanana today. On his 25th birthday, he already had 80 wins and over 1000 strikeouts! He was definitely on a Hall of Fame trajectory. Then, he completely lost his fastball. Never had arm surgery, just had to relearn how to pitch as a crafty lefty. He somehow managed to win 240 games though, and was in the trade that got the Angels Fred Lynn.

That’s a great story about Frank Tanana, but why are you bumping a thread about Mike Trout’s back injury to tell it?

I loved Tanana, by the way.

1 hour ago, gurn67 said:

Yeah, you see the huge drop, from 1975-77 when he averaged 6.3 WAR per year, to 1978 and beyond, when he became more of a 2-4 guy.

According to Wikipedia, he got an inflamed tendon in July of 1977 and was shut down for a couple weeks. He came back with a tired arm, and was shut down for the season in early September. He came back in 1978 and was very good through the the end of July, then struggled later in the season and was never quite the same.