• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Angels’ Mike Trout dealing with rare back condition

3 hours ago, CaliAngel said:

Stuff like this just keeps happening to Angel players, and I know it happened before the WS win with Mo Vaughn, but it really just seems like after the Morales injury in 2010 it's elevated to an unprecedented level no matter what the Angels do. Good prospects, big signings, the no-good-luck freak accidents and injuries continuously plague this team. 

If I was Ohtani or really any ballplayer right now I'd stay as far away from the Angels as possible. 

The list goes further back.   Minnie Rojas In the 1960’s

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

I'm not sure if folks are being sarcastic about Trout, joking around or are serious. 

Any Trout slander here should be borderline a bannable offence. 

I'm kind of serious about him being the DH. It's apparent he can't play the field everyday now but his bat needs to be in there everyday 

8 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I'm not sure if folks are being sarcastic about Trout, joking around or are serious. 

Any Trout slander here should be borderline a bannable offence. 

I think the initial news isn't quite as bad as thought.... so, some levity followed.

Way too early to write him off, but a spinal dysfunction isn't good news for anyone.  As some have noted, reduced role, DH perhaps as they treat the injury.  Might change the calculus for Ohtani. 

His public response is encouraging, though not unexpected given his dedication to the Angels.

3 hours ago, T.G. said:

So, there's no chance he's going to play football for the Eagles, right?

Screw that, he's going to be the head coach for the Eagles some day.  He will send them to the Super Bowl because he does everything great!

4 hours ago, Trendon said:

It’s worth revisiting the fact that the Angels front office wanted to move Mike Trout to a corner OF spot this season— and were going to have a discussion about it with Trout behind the scenes— but their plan got foiled when Joe Maddon spoke about it at the start of Spring Training when talking to reporters before the Angels broached the idea to Trout.

After that, they let Trout stay in CF out of respect for him.

Too much respect became too much neglect. 

Every at bat and running/fielding extension will be a test. Hard to keep one's mind on work when a medical condition is a constant risk. And every post game he will be questioned about how he feels. Not to mention changing his training and maintenance routine. And possibly his swing mechanics. 

And even if things go well for a period, the team won't be able to take him for granted any more.

Adjustments can be made and he could still be productive. But expectations will have to be lowered.