• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Angels Organization is Going Nowhere but Down

BTH

and it all starts at the top, with Arte Moreno as owner.

There’s a reason why the Angels development has been awful, and it starts with Arte Moreno.

There’s a reason why the Angels have made horrible free agent signings, and it starts with Arte Moreno.

There’s a reason why the Angels keep hiring first-time GM’s who can be puppets, and it starts with Arte Moreno.

There’s a reason why the Angels have had instability in managerial positions, and it starts with Arte Moreno.

Jeff Fletcher will always be quick to point out that we don’t know how much the Angels spend on player development, scouts, front office personnel, et al.

But here’s what we do know:

- The Angels have consistently had issues paying/taking care of their minor leaguers.

- The Angels keep cycling through GMs and Managers with no stability.

- Arte Moreno has interfered with Baseball Operations (such as forcing the Rendon signing, nixing the Joc trade, forcing the Wells trade, and Pujols signing).

- The Angels have failed to consistently develop players outside of unicorns like Mike Trout and Shohei Ohtani.

Until Arte Moreno changes his ways or sells the team, this team isn’t improving. Maybe they luck into 1 postseason appearance, but that’ll be it. He rode the coattails of what Bill Stoneman built at the beginning of his ownership, and it’s been a disaster ever since then besides lucking into 1 playoff appearance in 13 years.

17 minutes ago, Trendon said:

and it all starts at the top, with Arte Moreno as owner.

There’s a reason why the Angels development has been awful, and it starts with Arte Moreno.

There’s a reason why the Angels have made horrible free agent signings, and it starts with Arte Moreno.

There’s a reason why the Angels keep hiring first-time GM’s who can be puppets, and it starts with Arte Moreno.

There’s a reason why the Angels have had instability in managerial positions, and it starts with Arte Moreno.

Jeff Fletcher will always be quick to point out that we don’t know how much the Angels spend on player development, scouts, front office personnel, et al.

But here’s what we do know:

- The Angels have consistently had issues paying/taking care of their minor leaguers.

- The Angels keep cycling through GMs and Managers with no stability.

- Arte Moreno has interfered with Baseball Operations (such as forcing the Rendon signing, nixing the Joc trade, forcing the Wells trade, and Pujols signing).

- The Angels have failed to consistently develop players outside of unicorns like Mike Trout and Shohei Ohtani.

Until Arte Moreno changes his ways or sells the team, this team isn’t improving. Maybe they luck into 1 postseason appearance, but that’ll be it. He rode the coattails of what Bill Stoneman built at the beginning of his ownership, and it’s been a disaster ever since then besides lucking into 1 playoff appearance in 13 years.

I want to go on record as liking this post eleventy times!

Hope for the stadium deal to fall through.   Then maybe Moreno will finally sell the team and take his $1.8 billion profit into retirement.

Arte and Carpino need to stay the fuck away from anything baseball related. Having a budget is fine, but just set it and get away.

Then, and this is the most important need and hole for the Angels, they need to hire a Head of Baseball Operations. Someone that oversees the entire org from top to bottom and instills a plan and a process that EVERYONE follows. And if they don’t, get rid of them. That includes players, coaches, ball boys, GMs, anyone. 

If they are going to spend money on anything, spend money on this hire. Hire the best guy in the entire world and give him whatever he wants. 

Do I believe this will happen? No. Why? Because Arte is a dumbass when it comes to management of this organization and winning is not the #1 priority. 

1 minute ago, robblin17 said:

Arte and Carpino need to stay the fuck away from anything baseball related. Having a budget is fine, but just set it and get away.

Then, and this is the most important need and hole for the Angels, they need to hire a Head of Baseball Operations. Someone that oversees the entire org from top to bottom and instills a plan and a process that EVERYONE follows. And if they don’t, get rid of them. That includes players, coaches, ball boys, GMs, anyone. 

If they are going to spend money on anything, spend money on this hire. Hire the best guy in the entire world and give him whatever he wants. 

Do I believe this will happen? No. Why? Because Arte is a dumbass when it comes to management of this organization and winning is not the #1 priority. 

It certainly seems Arte has been hands off for a couple years now. 

Just now, Stradling said:

It certainly seems Arte has been hands off for a couple years now. 

May be right. Since what, the Rendon signing?

It just seems like a captainless ship. You need someone to come in that is the clear leader that will instill organizational stability. I don’t think Minasian is that guy. He may be a part, but he is not THE guy IMO. 

And I still think Arte is involved. Who is hiring and firing the GMs and managers? 

1 minute ago, robblin17 said:

May be right. Since what, the Rendon signing?

It just seems like a captainless ship. You need someone to come in that is the clear leader that will instill organizational stability. I don’t think Minasian is that guy. He may be a part, but he is not THE guy IMO. 

And I still think Arte is involved. Who is hiring and firing the GMs and managers? 

Arte is hiring the GMs Arte hired Maddon, and Arte allowed Perry to fire Maddon, Arte’s hand picked guy. I have no idea if Minasian is the guy but he’s put together the best front office we’ve had in a very long time. 

Just now, Stradling said:

Arte is hiring the GMs Arte hired Maddon, and Arte allowed Perry to fire Maddon, Arte’s hand picked guy. I have no idea if Minasian is the guy but he’s put together the best front office we’ve had in a very long time. 

Right, so Arte has plowed through Dipoto, Eppler, and who knows what happens with Minasian.

The jury is still out on this being the best front office. Minasian is an unproven commodity at this point and just because they have brought in more people doesn’t mean it’s better. 

28 minutes ago, Taylor said:

We don't know how much the Angels spend on scouting and development, but the results speak for themselves. If they're spending as much as other big-market teams they're getting ripped off.

Yeah, their results speak for themselves.

We already know they aren’t treating their minor league players properly. Be it making them share rooms, not paying them during extended ST, or releasing a bunch of them during the pandemic. Also, they furloughed a bunch of employees during the pandemic too, while other teams did not.

1 minute ago, Trendon said:

Yeah, their results speak for themselves.

We already know they aren’t treating their minor league players properly. Be it making them share rooms, not paying them during extended ST, or releasing a bunch of them during the pandemic. Also, they furloughed a bunch of employees during the pandemic too, while other teams did not.

I think that’s an indicator, especially with this org. 

But $ isn’t always the #1 factor. It’s the utilization of the $. And the Angels utilization and distribution is terrible. 

Look at the Rays and A’s. I’m guessing their development budgets aren’t as big as the Angels, but they have the right PEOPLE in place to create a system. The Angels clearly lack any sort of organizational philosophy, processes and systems. It’s a giant, disjointed, cluster fuck. 

3 minutes ago, robblin17 said:

Right, so Arte has plowed through Dipoto, Eppler, and who knows what happens with Minasian.

The jury is still out on this being the best front office. Minasian is an unproven commodity at this point and just because they have brought in more people doesn’t mean it’s better. 

But his front office have proven track records, which is what makes it the best front office. I liked Eppler, but his free agent signings were just bad.  I used to like Dipoto.  But Dipoto is the biggest reason we are where we are outside of Arte. @Inside Pitch recommended me to read an ESPN the magazine article that came out the month after the Albert signing, it was Dipoto, not Arte who had the Albert idea.  Arte came in at the end and sealed the deal. 

23 minutes ago, Stradling said:

But his front office have proven track records, which is what makes it the best front office.

outside of Tamin, who has a “proven track record’ in the front office?

The Angels only have 1 AGM in Tamin, which tells me they’re extremely under-staffed.

33 minutes ago, robblin17 said:

Dipoto quit like an annoyed teenager.  I'm not sure Arte had anything to do with it. Eppler had 5 yrs before not being extended more than a courtesy year, which turned out to be a severance package. I don't believe Arte has plowed through GMs. To me, it looks like he gives them a chance. Tony Regins seems to be the only GM I can think of who was fired.

3 minutes ago, eligrba said:

Dipoto quit like an annoyed teenager.  I'm not sure Arte had anything to do with it. Eppler had 5 yrs before not being extended more than a courtesy year, which turned out to be a severance package. I don't believe Arte has plowed through GMs. To me, it looks like he gives them a chance. Tony Regins seems to be the only GM I can think of who was fired.

Sure. Call it whatever you want. The point is organizational instability. How many managers and GMs? I’ve lost count. 

This is the worst I've ever felt as an Angels fan.

In the 90's we had bad to decent teams with low budgets. They had some upside, great rotations, tempered hopes, and moments of exceeding expectations. 

Going into 2000s we spent starting with Vaughn in 1999. We had an incredible decade with high budgets and great teams. 

Now 2010's we have high budgets and terrible to mediocre teams. I'd rather go back to the 90's.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

I'm kind of curious what metric are we using to determine that the Angels front office is the best we've had in a very long time.