• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels-Mariners brawl suspensions announced: 10 games for Nevin, 5 for Rendon and Chiti, 3 for Wantz and Tepera, 2 for Iglesias + more

mmc

7 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I love how the Seattle fan decides context isn’t important.  What a complete fucking joke, again.

Yeah cause that statement I made wasn't said completely tongue in cheek. Do you have developmental disability?

You're right. I don't give a shit that A-Rod did steroids. Fuck A-Rod. Why would you say Edgar did steroids if you're trying to go for the most "beloved" when Griffey is right there? 

The fact you think Edgar did steroids ...... truly, a complete fucking joke. 

Ya might have a case with Griffey, albeit a small 1% chance case of being correct in saying he did steroids, but wow. 

3 minutes ago, Ender said:

Yeah cause that statement I made wasn't said completely tongue in cheek. Do you have developmental disability?

You're right. I don't give a shit that A-Rod did steroids. Fuck A-Rod. Why would you say Edgar did steroids if you're trying to go for the most "beloved" when Griffey is right there? 

The fact you think Edgar did steroids ...... truly, a complete fucking joke. 

Ya might have a case with Griffey, albeit a small 1% chance case of being correct in saying he did steroids, but wow. 

Because Griffey didn’t do steroids.  

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Also Seattle fans automatically believe that Wantz went head hunting because the ball went behind Julio Rodriguez.  Isn’t it completely possible he was trying to hit him in the ribs or simply to brush the tower just like they did with Mike Trout.  Is Wantz some amazing pin point control guy?  

Wantz has hit a batter once every 11  or so innings (4 in 44), so far in his career -- Swanson 5 in 120 innings and a BB/9 of 2.0.   Wantz BB/9 is 3.2.

2 hours ago, Ender said:

It's all a matter of perspective anyway. Flip the scripts.

Let's say someone like Tyler Wade or Matt Duffy got beaned and then charged at the Mariners dugout who was jawing at him. You'd probably all be saying "god damn what a fucking man charging a whole team's dugout."

Not gonna lie -- outside of Amir Garret who went all Rambo and was winning I'd pretty much call any player that charges a dugout a dolt.   

Anyway, it's less about the rushing the dugout and the reaction to jawing.  Winker has a history of mouthing off, to players, to fans...  Check his history with the Reds and Mets and their fans.

Just now, Inside Pitch said:

Not gonna lie -- outside of Amir Garret who went all Rambo and was winning I'd pretty much call any player that charges a dugout a dolt.   

Anyway, it's less about the rushing the dugout and the reaction to jawing.  Winker has a history of mouthing off, to players, to fans...  Check his history with the Reds and Mets and their fans.

I know. Seattle played the Mets already in Queens and I saw Winker in full effect out there with the fans.

He wasn't doing anything malicious with them though. 

2 hours ago, Erstad Grit said:

Why can't Rendon be active the last 5 games of the season and then serve suspension?

Pretty sure he would need to be cleared medically or the league would consider it roster manipulation.   I think because the team has gone on record that he will miss the rest of the season the league wanted to avoid any BS and made it start next year.

It took this brawl (that I missed) and suspensions (just hearing that now) for me to google and find out Rendon is missing the year.

I know everyone hates Arte, but... my God has he spent a ton of money and gotten nothing in return

And its like 3 GMs now who have gotten him to sign a contract, telling him "this will a great deal, Mr. M"

6 hours ago, Ender said:

It's all a matter of perspective anyway. Flip the scripts.

Let's say someone like Tyler Wade or Matt Duffy got beaned and then charged at the Mariners dugout who was jawing at him. You'd probably all be saying "god damn what a fucking man charging a whole team's dugout."

The only REALLY dumb thing Winker did was flip the fans off. Which he admitted was wrong and apologized for.

Nobody really got hurt besides some people's feelings. This "brawl" will be forgotten about in a month ... by the general public. Obviously our two teams will remember every time they play each other. 

Winker threw a hissy fit and you know it. If it were someone on the Angels I'd feel the same way.

7 hours ago, Blarg said:

Nevin's job is anger management, not throwing kerosene on a fire. That is why he got ten games, it's the penalty for arson. 

If anger management is Nevin’s job, the Angels are in trouble. I don’t know anything about Nevin, but he strikes me as a guy who is either very committed to the Angel players or has anger issues. I hope what we saw was his commitment and not his anger issues. I still like Nevin. 

36 minutes ago, Ender said:

Yeah. Might as well just pitch to Trout's strengths then because a pitch might get away from ya.

Solid strategy. You'd be at least as good a coach as bonehead Scott Servais.

Strange how his control for inside pitches became immediately worse after the pitching coach had a conference.

weird.

1 hour ago, eligrba said:

Strange how his control for inside pitches became immediately worse after the pitching coach had a conference.

weird.

Don't make me post the image I just posted above again. 

Let me reiterate. Swanson. Missing high all night.

Mound conference probably went like this "Dude. We know you're pitching like shit and Trout hits like Babe Ruth on every PED imaginable against us, but you have to try to pitch him inside where he struggles the most .... even though he is still an above average hitter there. He's the tying run man, just don't throw him a meatball! Don't let the bad man hurt us again! DON'T DO IT ERIK."

The first pitch Cal wanted it in the strike zone but up and in. 

image.thumb.png.7ca5e7b94957fb0a43bef7a8f519245a.png

It ended up here.

image.png.50066b5b83506f472e1c9794adfce713.png

They want a high fastball on 1-0 .... Erik who has been missing high all night is now trying to pitch inside. WOW!!!!!!!! He misses high AND inside!?! WHAT A FUCKING CONSPIRACY!

image.thumb.png.f3ceee02371bf24b4d8c394bfc97a5d3.png

Swanson's average fastball velocity has been 93.9 mph this year .... the pitch that almost hit Trout was 95 ... perhaps he was overthrowing COUPLED with poor control on the night? Nah. He just wanted to murder Trout.

image.png.46b06d8e9a54f588fd94376923138474.png

Wait what? Swanson also missed a month from May 10th to June 10th with right shoulder inflammation????

inception GIF

the truth is out there GIF

ALSO. If Ohtani hits a walk off HR in his at bat ... I guarantee that near miss pitch never would have even been spoken about. 

46 minutes ago, Ender said:

Don't make me post the image I just posted above again. 

Let me reiterate. Swanson. Missing high all night.

Mound conference probably went like this "Dude. We know you're pitching like shit and Trout hits like Babe Ruth on every PED imaginable against us, but you have to try to pitch him inside where he struggles the most .... even though he is still an above average hitter there. He's the tying run man, just don't throw him a meatball! Don't let the bad man hurt us again! DON'T DO IT ERIK."

The first pitch Cal wanted it in the strike zone but up and in. 

image.thumb.png.7ca5e7b94957fb0a43bef7a8f519245a.png

It ended up here.

image.png.50066b5b83506f472e1c9794adfce713.png

They want a high fastball on 1-0 .... Erik who has been missing high all night is now trying to pitch inside. WOW!!!!!!!! He misses high AND inside!?! WHAT A FUCKING CONSPIRACY!

image.thumb.png.f3ceee02371bf24b4d8c394bfc97a5d3.png

Swanson's average fastball velocity has been 93.9 mph this year .... the pitch that almost hit Trout was 95 ... perhaps he was overthrowing COUPLED with poor control on the night? Nah. He just wanted to murder Trout.

image.png.46b06d8e9a54f588fd94376923138474.png

Wait what? Swanson also missed a month from May 10th to June 10th with right shoulder inflammation????

inception GIF

the truth is out there GIF

ALSO. If Ohtani hits a walk off HR in his at bat ... I guarantee that near miss pitch never would have even been spoken about. 

Wrong on the last sentence.

Seriously, thanks for the lively debate.  Now I can hardly wait for next Angel/Mariner series.