• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

FIRE NEVIN

49 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Because there was a 6 run lead which is the perfect time to bring in a rookie?  It’s literally the very best time. Unless you’d prefer bring him in when they are down 6 runs?

Agreed, perfect time for a debut. My issue is with him leaving both Ingram and Soriano in for another batter to load the bases when it was clear they had zero command. With that said, definitely more on the players. This was a game where we missed Matt Moore.

14 minutes ago, HeavenlyHalos said:

Agreed, perfect time for a debut. My issue is with him leaving both Ingram and Soriano in for another batter to load the bases when it was clear they had zero command. With that said, definitely more on the players. This was a game where we missed Matt Moore.

Sadly this shit happens in todays game where it’s so bullpen reliant. The pen has been overworked because starters don’t have the luxury of being economical with their stuff. 

44 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Sadly this shit happens in todays game where it’s so bullpen reliant. The pen has been overworked because starters don’t have the luxury of being economical with their stuff. 

Actually the Starters this week were able to go at least 6, except for Barria. 

Monday Anderson 6.0

Tuesday Barria 4.1

Wednesday Detmers 6.0

Thursday Ohtani 6.0

Friday Sandoval 7.0

Today Canning 6.0

All the relievers had a day off yesterday,  except for Bachman. 

15 minutes ago, Slegnaac said:

Actually the Starters this week were able to go at least 6, except for Barria. 

Monday Anderson 6.0

Tuesday Barria 4.1

Wednesday Detmers 6.0

Thursday Ohtani 6.0

Friday Sandoval 7.0

Today Canning 6.0

All the relievers had a day off yesterday,  except for Bachman. 

6 doesn't feed the admirals cat. 

Edited by Swordsman78

6 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

You knew he was obviously not ready before he’d ever pitched in a game?

On 6/14/2023 at 7:38 PM, Angel Oracle said:

DFA Davidson and Herget.

Get Ingram and Yovan up here.

On 6/2/2023 at 10:23 AM, Angel Oracle said:

Chapman has been too wild the past few years.   Has 14 BBs in 20+ innings this season.

I’m fine by the ASB with:

Estevez, Moore, Devenski, Joyce, Webb, Bachman, Silseth, and Suarez or Rosenberg

With Ingram, Yovan, Murphy, Wantz, and Torres for depth 

On 6/1/2023 at 7:39 PM, Angel Oracle said:

Ingram couldn’t be as bad as Loup?

I don't know what kind of fancy high school parties @Inside Pitch attended with Coors Light, but back in my day we got the cheapest stuff available, which I think was Natty Ice. When I got to college, I graduated to PBR. 

Now that I'm an adult, I have standards.... Just kidding, no I don't. The other day I finished my wife's white claw. 

Yes, everyone here is bummed that our team didn't win. Should one of those pitchers have been pulled? We are not privy to the situation in the dugout and a lot of other variables. With Walsh's problems, Trout's slump, the questions and dramas swirling around about Ohtani's future with the team, the failure of a couple of highly paid pitchers and some devastating injuries, Phil Nevin has done a solid job and kept the ship afloat against some tough odds. He has managed to keep our team competitive and in position to make a run for the playoffs. Sure, he has made some mistakes, but baseball is a game played, coached, and managed by humans. Mistakes are part of the game. How you bounce back and regroup from that is also important. Phil and Perry, though, also are going to hold feet to the fire as well when players don't meet expectations and don't produce. Tepera found that out as did Herget. I think Nevin has made it plain to his players what he expects of them. That said, Phil can't go out and execute the pitches. I do know, though, that Perry and Phil both are willing to give young players in the minors their chance, but they are plain as day in their expectations that these kids had better make good on their opportunity or they won't be getting another shot. I would be surprised if Ingram is not on the next bus back to the junior circuit. He also will fight for his players and hold the officials accountable as well. He has made it known several times that he will hold their feet to the fire when he believes his players are getting the short end of the stick or if an official is not doing what he is paid well to do right. Phil has fire; he cares for his players, and he also holds them accountable. He has shown also that he is more than willing to take the heat and blame when he errors. So far this year, he has done more right than wrong.

1 hour ago, arch stanton said:

They gave a kid a shot with a six run lead. He shit the bed. Then they lost because two relievers who had been super reliable weren’t. 
Turn

The

Page

That is all we can do at this point, a.s. Six runs should have been enough. This kid was brought up with the intention of being used to get batters out. He failed to do so. A reliever with a bit more experience further soiled the sheets, unfortunately. Should Phil have put Estevez in for that final inning? A case could be made for that, but we are not privy to all the details and minutiae that goes on behind the scenes. The next best thing is to win the series. They need to focus on just that now. No doubt, Ingram will travel the same path as Herget and find his way back to the minors. Next time he will know to be ready.

18 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

I like Nevin. Extend him let's season play out than decide. 

He has already earned and will be getting an extension.  The players and Perry both think very highly of their manager.

You have to seek out the dreg corners in the Mos Eisley Cantina of Twitter, Angels Reddit, or a few stragglers on this forum to find anyone left anti skip.

Ingram didn't pitch great but it's not like he was wild and then gave up the game tying or go ahead home run. The kid threw first pitch strikes to 4 of the 5 batters he faced. Also on the batter he didn't throw a first pitch strike to he got back to a 3-2 count on. The other batters he was trying to do what you are supposed to which is thow strikes with a six run lead. The Royals just happened to hit those strikes for a shallow single in centerfield and a long double on 0-1 counts. The only batter he was effectively uncompetitive on was the one he eventually walked on 5 pitches after going up 0-1. Ingram through his performance in double A over the course of three seasons has been arguably the best relief pitching prospect in the Angels minor leagues. He should be given another chance. I remember when Bachman first pitched people were complaining about how wild he was and it's all gloom and doom for him. Well how that work out? Ingram isn't going to save the season, he's here because his performance in the minors earned this chance and we need him to soak innings when the bullpen is tired or to save the bullpen from being taxed. The pitcher he essentially replaced was Herget. Herget has essentially earned him self a permanent seat on the LA to Salt lake option train this year. He will be back for those that miss him.

51 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

He has already earned and will be getting an extension.  The players and Perry both think very highly of their manager.

You have to seek out the dreg corners in the Mos Eisley Cantina of Twitter, Angels Reddit, or a few stragglers on this forum to find anyone left anti skip.

Pray tell, how do you know all this?