• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Answer

This is really old school, but as I’ve said, Maddon reminds me of Dave Garcia, the manager at the start of 1978.  

Couldn’t light a fire under anyone.  

Got off to an 18-9 start in 1978, and then tanked culminating in a 17-2 embarrassment in Chicago and immediate firing after that.

Fregosi took over and kept them in contention into late September, back when only division champs saw the post-season.

Edited by Angel Oracle

7 minutes ago, mmc said:

I mean I got nothing against Sosh, but I don't know why anyone would think a manager who hasn't won a playoff game in his last 9 seasons is "the answer" for anything

Because we watched the teams that were given to him and we also understand that the losses to KC were on the players. I highly doubt he told Trout and Albert to have zero hits in game one, and two hits in game two.  

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Because we watched the teams that were given to him and we also understand that the losses to KC were on the players. I highly doubt he told Trout and Albert to have zero hits in game one, and two hits in game two.  

I mean I'm not saying he's necessarily responsible for anything, just that he's very far removed from being "the answer" to anything

1 minute ago, mmc said:

I mean I'm not saying he's necessarily responsible for anything, just that he's very far removed from being "the answer" to anything

He’s an upgrade over anything we have had since and before him.  He was the manager of the team when you were born.  

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

He’s an upgrade over anything we have had since and before him.  He was the manager of the team when you were born.  

I don't disagree but that's not enough to make me want him back.  I'd prefer this team go with someone young and modern who's on the same page as Minasian.  I would replace Maddon with Scioscia for sure though