• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

2 hours ago, gotbeer said:

One of my favorite games to play growing up as a kid.  

Oh, and see what happens when you give HGH to vegetarians.

The game was awesome as a kid. Ate plenty of my quarters. 

The street fighter 2 showed up, and I understood why crackheads were stealing anything they could for a hit.

Went to see the Mule last night. 6/10

Clint was his usual crotchety old man. The story was good, but many holes in the storyline that were easy to fix. They needed to spend more time developing the bond Clint was growing with the Cartel members. The ending was totally anti-climatic. 

Andy Garcia was great, but his part was too brief.

Bradley Cooper was good as well, but his part could have been played by anyone.

4 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

Escape at Dannemora wraps up tonight with a 2 hour final episode. Can't wait.

Sad to see it end. Could watch a whole season of this. Such great acting jobs by all. There should be multiple award nominations.

On 12/27/2018 at 3:37 PM, AngelsLakersFan said:

I have only heard poor reviews for this movie... Did you find it heavy handed or condescending? I read that it points to Cheney and W being rather nihilistic... which really doesn't seem to fit with my own personal take on them, or even what I would think of as the liberal narrative.

It presents Cheney as power hungry without any genuine political beliefs, and it presents Dubya as a total patsy who lets Cheney have all the power.

I wouldn't say it's condescending or heavy handed.

On 12/30/2018 at 8:30 AM, ten ocho recon scout said:

They shall not grow old. If you didnt get a chance to see it, you missed out. The production was phenom. Bringing that old footage to color, and in 3D. Very, very cool. One of the better theater experiences Ive had in years.

I heard it is coming back early 2019.  Looking forward to seeing it.

On 12/30/2018 at 12:15 PM, AngelsLakersFan said:

Watched 'Bird Box' on Netflix. A completely adequate suspense / horror / end of the world film but it got me thinking about how all of these movies follow the exact same formula just with varying degrees of witty dialogue and production value. Not to make comparisons to 'A Quiet Place' but it's a little disappointing to see that even when trying to be original things still come off as completely derivative. 

A Quiet Place had a monster that looked very similar to Stranger Things. Bird Box had a similar look a feel  to A Quiet Place. They both had very similar music during suspenseful scenes. Overall Bird Box wasn't as good as A Quiet Place. At times, Bird Box felt rushed and/or lazy writing on explanations of who/why these things were affecting people. It was a simple horror flick that just takes you on a suspenseful ride toward the end. No thinking involved.

caught the last half hour of The Shape of Water. wouldn't normally watch that part of a movie on it's own, but was curious enough to go ahead. What a weird movie, even with missing a lot of context. why was the beast being kept in a bathtub, why was that chick getting funky with it, why did that one guy have a death wish have such a burden to get rid of it, etc. Am hoping it gets replayed while I'm still here so I can get the rest of the story.

also watched the tom cruise movie where he is a pilot flying drugs for the colombian cartels while taking guns to the rebels in nicaragua, thus conducting the iran-contra affair. American Made, a fascinating movie.

On 3/25/2018 at 10:06 PM, DCAngelsFan said:

Definitely one of the better-written and plotted series ever - the dialog was brilliant - iirc, HBO was a bit frustrated with Milch and cost overruns - apparently, he was always late with scripts, so shooting days got extended, etc.  And I guess he was also committed to that "John from Cincinnati" series.  

Sounds like they're really super-serious this time about shooting a Deadwood movie.  Dunno - I mean, have you seen Earl Brown on Preacher?  He played Dan - no way he carries that character anymore - now he just looks old and fat.  And Powers Booth is dead.  

Carnivale was .... interesting - actually, it kept me hooked, they created a pretty interesting universe there, and I stayed with it to see where it was going.   And then, whack, it was cut-off.  

It’s happening! I’m going to go back and rewatch the show to prep myself for this. 

https://ew.com/tv/2018/12/19/deadwood-movie-photos/

8 hours ago, Lhalo said:

It’s happening! 

what a coincidence. I was watching What's Happening!! last night.

(room goes dark at a party)

"Rerun, get off of me!"

"Shirley, is that you? I thought you were the Fletcher sisters"

Green Book -  Very well done.  Entire family enjoyed this one.  

Spiderman - Into the Spiderverse     Kids really enjoyed it.  It was meh for me and the wife.  It was much different than other Spidey movies, obviously, and did have some funny moments.  Don't think I'll watch it again, though.