• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

23 hours ago, Brandon said:

how in the flying fuck....

how dare them!

white men can't jump is a classic. great soundtrack too!

kriss kross were weeks ahead of their time. their sprite commercial changed the game.

to the... tick tock ya don't stop
ya put a can in your hand and just pop the top
hey yo, chris? 
wassup blow
what's that in yer hand?
it's the S to the P-R-I-T-E can
understand the clause chris
drink the crazy crazy twist...
of unexpectedness that you should never miss.
so what's your name?
daddy M-A-C.
and what's you drink?
S-P-R-I-T-E... why?
'cause it's a lifesaver when you need thirst quenchin'
like a kiss with a lymon twist
now you know that's kickin'!
word.
so drink up drink up, it's what you gotta do. 
why?
'cause I like the sprite in you.

On 1/25/2018 at 10:02 AM, Angel Oracle said:

Has Hollywood run out of storylines?   Wonder how Shameless would do on the big screen, hey at least it isn't a remake of a movie.

yes, years and years ago, especially when you consider the ability of tv to tell a story of multiple episodes/hours a lot of stories that might have ended up on the movie screen are being done on tv where they can be expanded on.

1 hour ago, mrwicked said:

kriss kross were weeks ahead of their time. their sprite commercial changed the game.

hey yo, chris? 
wassup blow
what's that in yer hand?
so what's your name?
daddy M-A-C.
and what's you drink?
S-P-R-I-T-E... why?
word.
why?

ahhhhhhh, those were the days.

schools trying to ban british knight shoes because old whitey thought the bk stood for blood killer and was gang related. the one kid at school that wore the hoodie backwards like kriss kross, only to get stuck as we kept putting the hood over the front of his face.

much simpler times when the biggest worry was who to play in pogs or how to cross the river in oregon trail and not come out the other side with a broken wagon and a case of dysentery.

On 1/22/2018 at 4:54 PM, Redondo said:

Thanks for the heads up on season 3

You should like Ozark. Very unusual plot line, but well written.

Just finished Ozark..

Really solid.

Intense. 

Jason Bateman is G R E A T (suprisingly so) and I always have been in love with Laura Linney. There really isn't a weak link in the whole cast. Cant wait for season 2.

7 hours ago, mrwicked said:

hey yo, chris? 
wassup blow
what's that in yer hand?
so what's your name?
daddy M-A-C.
and what's you drink?
S-P-R-I-T-E... why?
word.
why?

I beat my daughter playing  Just Dance on the Wii doing Kriss Kross. I refuse to give her a rematch because I know I’ll never beat her again. 

10 hours ago, red321 said:

yes, years and years ago, especially when you consider the ability of tv to tell a story of multiple episodes/hours a lot of stories that might have ended up on the movie screen are being done on tv where they can be expanded on.

I guess I'm in the minority nowadays that still finds films far above TV. My issue with TV, and it's not a blanket statement as there's shows I enjoy, is it's complete dependency on plot and needing to keep someone hooked on an episode to episode basis. The only shows I get attracted tend to be the ones that tell a contained story in one season like the first season of True Detective. Maybe I don't feel that film is out of stories since I actively seek out the stuff out there and only see something I have a good feeling I'll enjoy. Saw around 60 movies from 2017 this past year, and was pretty happy with the majority of them. I guess it's not as easy as is just flipping on HBO or NetFlix but I still really get a lot of movies.

Probably not a coincidence that Twin Peaks: The Return was my favorite thing I watched on TV this past year, and it's probably the least unlike a regular TV show you can get. What other show would allow something like Episode 8 of that series to air? Give a lot of credit to Showtime to just allowing David Lynch do his thing. Filmed the season as an 18-hour movie divided into 18 parts rather than episodes each designed to have a beginning, middle and an end.

Alien: Covenant

Better than Prometheus, at least. 

Had some okay horror and suspense moments. 

As a big fan of the first 2 Alien films, I'm at least curious about the next one, if there is one. 

Watched "First They Killed My Father".

About the take over of Cambodia by the Khmer Rouge in 1975. Harsh reality for all the Cambodians. They were treated terrible and the young children were forced into war. They witnessed all kinds of atrocities. Long movie, but worth watching. 

Finally saw rogue 1 on a flight. Loved it. Liked it better than the force awakens. The cgi of making people look like old characters was really cool.

Fought a hangover and watched naked and afraid for the first time. Im sure some of it is bullshit, but still pretty amazing. The younger me would have been filling out an online app already. Old me is smarter.

10 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Finally saw rogue 1 on a flight. Loved it. Liked it better than the force awakens. The cgi of making people look like old characters was really cool.

Fought a hangover and watched naked and afraid for the first time. Im sure some of it is bullshit, but still pretty amazing. The younger me would have been filling out an online app already. Old me is smarter.

I have started watching that now and then myself. What I enjoy most are the tatted up tough acting city dudes that are crying for their mommies after 2 days.

4 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

I have started watching that now and then myself. What I enjoy most are the tatted up tough acting city dudes that are crying for their mommies after 2 days.

Do they compete for money?

It would be worth it to go on the show, knowing you were gonna quit in 2 days anyway, and when the naked chick says "i brought an axe, what did you bring?" 

And you show her a box of condoms.

Paddington 2....would highly recommend this for anyone with kids or just anyone in general looking for something nice and fun to watch. Just an incredibly good-hearted movie that is very pretty look at, funny and has Hugh Grant chewing the hell out of the scenery. It feels like a Wes Anderson movie for kids. Honestly, would have been on my Top 10 of 2017 if it wasn't a 2018 movie. Sounds like it's completely bombing here in the U.S., which sucks because it's one of the best kids movies I've seen in awhile.

Just finished Godless

Started out really hard and strong. Writers stretched the ending to get more episodes. Plot was good and interesting. They expected us to accept all lot of non-period items, too clean clothing and people healing from gunshot wounds way to fast. The shoot out was intense, but the 2 good guys stood in the street and never got hit. Kind of like the Taken movie.

Overall it was a good show to watch. Lot's of violence.

11 hours ago, Redondo said:

Just finished Godless

Started out really hard and strong. Writers stretched the ending to get more episodes. Plot was good and interesting. They expected us to accept all lot of non-period items, too clean clothing and people healing from gunshot wounds way to fast. The shoot out was intense, but the 2 good guys stood in the street and never got hit. Kind of like the Taken movie.

Overall it was a good show to watch. Lot's of violence.

Seriously man.  Spoilers.  Weak 

I don't even think it was meant spoilers. It was like that in the Game of Thrones thread where people just explain things innocuously while doing so in a way there is no need to watch or see it.

Makes me laugh.

Saw this movie. Started out great and I liked the writing, but the way the characters went down different paths made me feel weird with the way the ending happened. I wasn't too happy when character A came out of nowhere. Highly recommended.

8 hours ago, Brandon said:

I don't even think it was meant spoilers. It was like that in the Game of Thrones thread where people just explain things innocuously while doing so in a way there is no need to watch or see it.

Makes me laugh.

Saw this movie. Started out great and I liked the writing, but the way the characters went down different paths made me feel weird with the way the ending happened. I wasn't too happy when character A came out of nowhere. Highly recommended.

I didn't think I gave away the plot? I won't be so descriptive next time.

Just thought I would give a heads up before someone invests hours of their time in watching somethings other have touted. 

8 hours ago, Redondo said:

I didn't think I gave away the plot? I won't be so descriptive next time.

Just thought I would give a heads up before someone invests hours of their time in watching somethings other have touted. 

i laugh, it's not a big deal to me. when someone is descriptive it alters how people view or watch. most people want to watch shows or movies with a clean slate and no expectation or anticipation....a clean slate. conversely, what does stating about the shootout add to whether someone should watch or not?

29 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

I went ahead and watched Godless and amazingly nothing anyone posted here had any effect on how I saw it, or how much I enjoyed it (I did enjoy it quite a bit) The story was great and the tension was high, and Lady Mary topless? ..whats not to like?

Recommend 

you're sick dude. this?

image.png