• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Buster Olney: Juan Soto traded? Rival execs say Nats may be ‘compelled’ and ‘motivated’ to move Soto this season

Chuck

29 minutes ago, DMVol said:

Adell as part of a package, for sure....it would take a boat load of talent to get Soto and I'm not sure we could match some other teams...

I think other teams will have trouble matching that though.

22 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

He's making 17 mil this year, his arbitration will likely take him to 23-25 mil next year, and it's going to take 360-400 mil to keep him after 2025.  

You guys want to pay Ohtani right?

I would rather have Ohtani, but it's not my money so it would be great to have both. 😛 

my immediate thought was "absolutely!". and then i read this . . .

2 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

He's making 17 mil this year, his arbitration will likely take him to 23-25 mil next year, and it's going to take 360-400 mil to keep him after 2025.  

You guys want to pay Ohtani right?

between trout, rendon, ohtani, and soto, that's about a gazillion bucks a year, and that just isn't doable.

but man, how fun to see a guy like him in our lineup every night...

In this hypothetical, trading for Soto does not preclude the Angels signing Shohei Ohtani, but as IP pointed out it will be incredibly difficult to do both.

If the Angels are in a window of contention, acquiring 2 1/2 years of Soto would put us in a much more competitive spot as long as we don't send off 40-man pitching. Not every team would be able to handle his arbitration salaries so some of the smaller and mid-market teams would not be in the discussion.

If all of you are prepared and comfortable to see Jo Adell, Sam Bachman, Arol Vera, Ky Bush, and Jeremiah Jackson go out the door in a Soto trade, then more power to Moreno. If not, don't do it.

Personally, I feel like out pitching depth up and down the system is much improved and with Trout locked up and Ohtani almost certainly to be locked up, why not spend the next 2 1/2 years going hard at a Championship?

This all presumes that we have enough trade chips to impress Washington and that will not be easy, if not close to impossible. I will say that Adell is an attractive player as a centerpiece, but the problem is that the Nationals probably want multiple centerpieces and rightly so.

3 hours ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

I think the Nats would see that offer and laugh. I think a package would have to start at Detmers and Bachman. I could be wrong I don’t know my prospects that well but Soto is one of the best young players in the game. It’s going to be a lot. 

It’ll probably take a haul like Detmers, Bachman, Adell, Marsh. The Angels probably won’t do that, but I’d guess the Nats get a similar haul somewhere, though maybe a package loaded with more low-minors talent than the above.

Were not taking on any more big money deals, isnt that obvious by now?
We passed on so many that made so much more sense than this.
At this point well be lucky if they extend Ohtani.
Ares isnt going about this general payroll range hes comfy with