• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

My god people. Just enjoy baseball.

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

This is somewhat true but it is reasonable to expect high draft picks to either develop quicker or perform at a high level 

Obviously you are drafting guys based on where you think they are going to end up. That means these guys are more likely to reach their potential.

Other than Trout (and maybe Marsh), nobody knows how to work a count. The big selling point of this team is the power output. Is anyone else surprised that in the 1st 2 games, the Angels have 0 Home Runs and the other team has 8.

It's just 2 games. I'm not concerned with the pitching, yet. I think the starters will be fine. As for the bullpen, send Herget down and bring up Wantz. Use Mayers the next time or 2 in a blowout. I think Tepera will be OK. He just needs to hit corners rather than the middle of the plate.

3 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Sure, and if Jo Adell has the same career as Michael Brantley he will exceed the expectations placed upon him when he was drafted.

Careful you are talking to a guy that thinks if Adell has Upton’s career then he is a bust. 

8 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Careful you are talking to a guy that thinks if Adell has Upton’s career then he is a bust. 

Ahh shit... I did remember that there are some people who have unrealistic expectation for him. In that case the problem isn't with Jo Adell it's between the keyboard and the desk chair.

22 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Ahh shit... I did remember that there are some people who have unrealistic expectation for him. In that case the problem isn't with Jo Adell it's between the keyboard and the desk chair.

Yeah, how dare I want Adell to be better than a guy with a career 32.7 bWAR.

7 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

This is the vent thread so go ahead and vent.  But yea, expecting him to be better than a guy that will have 325-350 home runs in his career, who was a 4 time all star and a four time silver slugger winner is unrealistic.  

6 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Who said anything about 'want?'

32.7 war is half way to the hall of fame, when the majority of first round picks barely touch the major leagues. You need to adjust your expectations.

7 minutes ago, Stradling said:

This is the vent thread so go ahead and vent.  But yea, expecting him to be better than a guy that will have 325-350 home runs in his career, who was a 4 time all star and a four time silver slugger winner is unrealistic.  

This isn't the vent thread.

1 hour ago, drpiranha said:

Other than Trout (and maybe Marsh), nobody knows how to work a count. The big selling point of this team is the power output. Is anyone else surprised that in the 1st 2 games, the Angels have 0 Home Runs and the other team has 8.

It's just 2 games. I'm not concerned with the pitching, yet. I think the starters will be fine. As for the bullpen, send Herget down and bring up Wantz. Use Mayers the next time or 2 in a blowout. I think Tepera will be OK. He just needs to hit corners rather than the middle of the plate.

1 bad outing and you want to forget Herget?