• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

My god people. Just enjoy baseball.

On 4/7/2022 at 11:25 AM, Stradling said:

Maybe this should be pinned? That way we can keep most of this shit to this thread. 

9 hours ago, Stradling said:

This thread will be a gigantic fail if it doesn’t end in some self bans. 

9 hours ago, Stradling said:

Not true. It worked in ‘14. 

My contributions to the vent thread. 

1 minute ago, fan_since79 said:

If we get swept by the Cheaters I'll self ban for 7 days.

Or are self bans not recognized anymore? I don't recall what was decided about that, and I don't have a post filing system like Lou's. My search skills are also nil.

Self bans are not only recognized they are appreciated.  That being said I don’t have any desire to see you self ban for a week because we get swept. Also you are doing it backwards. 

9 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Okay Strad, help me out here. Obviously this old man is confused on the issue.

Here’s how it works.  Super negative or over-reactive guy will be so down on the team they’d say something like, “if the Angels come back and win this game” or in this case, “if the Angels come back and split this series I’ll self ban for a week”. It’s about self sacrificing for the team to perform well. 

1 hour ago, halonatic13 said:

Just enjoy the damn sport and stop complaining.  If we win, we win.  If we lose, we lose.  That's life.  We ain't got no control over it.  Turn off the TV if it affects you that much.

Good post and 100% agree. 

That said, it's OK as a fan to comment on the team, critique, vent and offer praise when it's worthy -- without being a total Debbie Downer, pessimistic butthole. There's no place in my world for those types and they're not welcomed here. We've kicked many over the years that have offered nothing but criticism and have trolled threads with negativity. 

When you are a fan of Angels after 6 losing hard to watch your team lose 2 straight. Getting beat down last night. Early results on Adell not good plus bullpen getting hammered last night. Need big game from Thor tonight. Everyone knows it's early but if losing continues in April change in manager may becoming. 

I stopped getting frustrated with or disappointed in the Angels years ago.  It's made it a lot easier to go with the flow of whatever happens over a 162 game regular season.  They'll have plenty of hot and cold streaks while hopefully towards the end of the regular season they've had more of the former and are playing meaningful games.