• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Angels’ Mike Trout sits out against Dodgers with illness

LOS ANGELES — Mike Trout wasn’t in the Angels’ lineup on Monday night, sitting out the second game of the Freeway Series against the Dodgers because of an illness.

Angels manager Joe Maddon said it “sounds like” the star outfielder is dealing with a stomach bug and didn’t provide a timeline for his return.

“I’m hoping not very long,” Maddon said before the second game of the three-game exhibition series, which shifted to Dodger Stadium for the last two. “I don’t even know how well he’s feeling right now. I just know he was in touch with (team trainer Mike Frostad). He didn’t feel well and we’ll know more tomorrow.”

Trout went 0 for 4 on Sunday night against the Dodgers at Angel Stadium. Maddon said the three-time American League MVP appeared fine after speaking with him in the clubhouse after the game.

Brandon Marsh filled in for Trout in center field on Monday, with Jo Adell in left and Taylor Ward in right.

FLETCHER’S ABSENCE CREATES OPPORTUNITIES

Infielder David Fletcher missed a third consecutive game because of hip tightness.

Fletcher’s absence has created opportunities for Jose Rojas and Michael Stefanic to prove they belong on the Opening Day roster. Stefanic got the start at second base on Monday and also on Saturday in their Arizona finale against the Chicago Cubs. Rojas patrolled second base on Sunday.

“Texted with him after the game and said, ‘Hey, how about we do this, come out today, go through a full workout, get everything in,’” Maddon said about what he told Fletcher. “I’ll feel more comfortable about him playing (Tuesday).”

“It gives (Jack) Mayfield and Michael Stefanic a chance to play at the same time. I like that, too.”

Mayfield’s spot on the roster is secured, but the decision on Stefanic and Rojas might come down to whether the Angels keep nine or 10 pitchers. Maddon said Rojas has the edge over Stefanic because he was with the team last season and has the flexibility to play in the outfield.

“But that’s not to say it can’t go the other way, too,” Maddon said. “It’s really interesting. It’s nice depth and these are good players. We’ll figure it out after tomorrow’s game. … We’ve had some really lively conversations, which I’ve really enjoyed.”

ALSO

The Angels optioned pitcher José Marte to Triple-A Salt Lake. The final one or two bullpen spots will likely come down to Oliver Ortega, Jimmy Herget, Kyle Barraclough and Brian Moran.

View the full article

22 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

The last time I had food poisoning (2016) I was horribly sick for about six hours, then out of it for four days. It took another week or two for me to be 100%.

See you in a couple weeks, Mike.

Yeah but you were like 2.5x Trout's age in 2016.

39 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

The last time I had food poisoning (2016) I was horribly sick for about six hours, then out of it for four days. It took another week or two for me to be 100%.

I’ll be pissed as hell if he’s out on Thursday and/or Friday.

Of course, it wouldn’t be Halos baseball without Trout missing significant games.

Previous four full seasons (2017-2019, 2021), only once did he play over 134 games and that was just 140 games.

Just like Mickey Mantle as his career progressed.

Actually, Mantle had better health until age 29/30 season, only once before then missing more than 10 games (age 21/22 season).

Edited by Angel Oracle

11 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

So 30 year old, world class athlete will take as long to recover as 74 year old you?  Seems reasonable.