• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Updated Angels Payroll - 2022

https://www.fangraphs.com/roster-resource/payroll/angels?season=2022

Looks like they're currently at about $175m with the new CBA in place.   

I think they added the $1.66m of new bonus pool money that is allocated to each team as well.   So with the new salary mins payroll went up about 3-4m from where it was at pre CBA.  Plus now Suzuki.  

They were at $182m last year.  

40 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Let's do it Arte sign Correa

Not really understanding the reasons against. I know long contracts are risky. I know we need pitching. But he’s a really, really good player at a premium position we haven’t filled with a good all around player in…well I can’t even remember the last time we had a premium two way player at short. Why not? Bachman Detmers Bush Suarez Ohtani are all rotation guys going forward. 

28 minutes ago, Revad said:

Please no.  

For the expected money, Story >>>>> Correa.

Better health history than Correa, and no cheaters allowed 

Now Arte Moreno will be truly tested on his word.   Will he approach the tax threshold for the right player in addition to re-signing Ohtani?

Edited by Angel Oracle

13 minutes ago, floplag said:

I honestly dont understand this... i was s angry as anyone but lets not kid ourselves he is the premier SS in the game today and would only make the club much better than it is. 

I guess if it was add Correa or do nothing I would say go for it but I’d rather add a starter, good bullpen piece and established middle infielder for less than $30M.  Plus the cheating stuff sticks in my craw.

21 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Now Arte Moreno will be truly tested on his word.   Will he approach the tax threshold for the right player in addition to re-signing Ohtani?

I agree.

13 minutes ago, GoodTimesGoneBad said:

Let’s face facts, the pitching is going to be in the bottom half of the league. For the Angels to compete, the offense needs to be in the top half. Correa at SS helps make that happen. 

This pitching staff is league average. With health they’ll be above league average. 

23 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

what word?  when did he say he'd approach the luxury tax?  He's essentially said that the tax is irrelevant and that he wouldn't have a problem going over it.  The right player is Ohtani who he'll never let hit FAcy.  He's a marketing dream.  

And Story would be about the worst guy I could imagine for him to spend money on. 

Basically if you want to keep Ohtani then the infield is set. The Angels spent big on a closer, dropped $20 mill on Noah, improved the bullpen. They might look at one more arm or wait out the trade deadline if everything points to a playoff but spending their future pitching budget on a so-so hitting shortstop doesn't help the team long term. 

Next year Upton's money is free for Ohtani while the Syndergaard money pays for another rotation arm. After that the budget for free agents over the $5 mill mark is about used up. So internal cheap solutions for the field are how the pitching gets back on track. 

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

what word?  when did he say he'd approach the luxury tax?  He's essentially said that the tax is irrelevant and that he wouldn't have a problem going over it.  The right player is Ohtani who he'll never let hit FAcy.  He's a marketing dream.  

And Story would be about the worst guy I could imagine for him to spend money on. 

What would be the most that you’d spend on Story?

Something like 4 years/$60 million maybe?   Just curious.

We really want Rengifo at SS?   Dude always shows signs of sticking, and then his offense totally disappears.  Plus his defense is up and down.

None of the other internal SS candidates are all that much either.

4 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

We really want Rengifo at SS?   Dude always shows signs of sticking, and then his offense totally disappears.  Plus his defense is up and down.

well sure I'd spend that on Story.  I think 90+% of the league would.  My guess is that it's more around 5-6 for 120-140.  He's the best non-Correa option right now.  Don't take the phils or astros off the table.  Or the Nats.  Or the Dogs for 3b if they miss on Freeman.  Or the M's for 3b if they miss on Bryant.  

12 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

And yeah.  I don't want Rengifo or any of the other internal SS candidates.  But how is that relevant?  Payroll is at 175.   Think sink and doorknob hardware at this point.  Not full bathroom and kitchen renos.