• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels sign Aaron Loup (2 years, $15 million + $7.5M club option/$2M buyout), DFA Yan

mmc

6 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Still feel Arte is presenting Minasian with two roads. 

1)  Sign a $25m-$30m arm plus Iglesias, and call it a day (mostly)

2) If you can't deliver both of those, make it work for ~$25m. Just Iglesias won't work.

Basing this purely off nothing, but it kinda feels like how Arte would be operating based off prior comments on take-it-or-leave-it negotiating, spending for the right players, etc.

Yeah I could see that being the case.

If there's a lane to get Scherzer, I think Arte might open it up completely. If not, it could be Perry trying to make the most of the remaining budget.

52 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

https://www.fangraphs.com/roster-resource/payroll/angels

Fangraphs seems to be pretty good in the whole in terms of salary accounting and projections.  We are roughly 23mil below the 180M mark per their estimates.

In the end, we don’t really know what Arte is willing to spend.  I would guess that it’ll be at least 180mil.  

All that said, our best acquisitions last year were rather cheap.  It’s easy to target big names, but where Minasian will earn his keep is by finding guys like Cobb and Iglesias last year.

They and Spotrac and Cots all have extra signing bonus money on Rendon and Trouts contract.

15 minutes ago, Torridd said:

I read Matz will make his decision tomorrow.

And saw one report he might make more than DeSclafani. I'm guessing 3/$39m. I'd pass at that point, unless Arte is still willing to sign a #1, a CP, or the pieces necessary to replace guys dealt for a #1.

Edited by totdprods

33 minutes ago, totdprods said:

And saw one report he might make more than DeSclafani. I'm guessing 3/$39m. I'd pass at that point, unless Arte is still willing to sign a #1, a CP, or the pieces necessary to replace guys dealt for a #1.

That sounds fine. Low risk, pretty reliable 150+ middle of the rotation innings that will keep the team in games and leaves plenty $$$ for other needs whatever Arte has capped the spending at. (I'm hoping the budget has at least a 5% uplift just to keep pace with cost of living/ inflation etc, raising it to $190m+.) Matz, Syndergaard, and Loup plus $20m still to spend should give us a pretty good chance of being a damn fine team.

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

We've had those guys, they didn't work out all that well. I'll go with just very good regulars and keep Ohtani.

I agree but Arte seems to prefer stars.  I only say this because of his big splashes when it was probably better to reallocate those resources.

20 hours ago, Dochalo said:

It's got the potential to mean that they're about to go huge on spending or it means they're about to do some really stupid crap.  Or I guess it could mean that they'll leave the team unfinished

That was my reaction to it as well. Either they feel they have a lot of money to spend or they don’t think they need to spend money on things they really need.

So since Eppler has taken over in NY, Syndergaard and Loup have both bolted for here and Matz has gone to St Louis. Eppler has responded by claiming Antonio Santos off waivers and signing a 25 year old outfielder named Nick Plummer who's never sniffed the big leagues lol. So glad Eppler is the Mets problem now. Mets fan will be pissed when he claims 10 bullpen arms off waivers and calls it good like he did with us.

3 minutes ago, asuangelsfan05 said:

So since Eppler has taken over in NY, Syndergaard and Loup have both bolted for here and Matz has gone to St Louis. Eppler has responded by claiming Antonio Santos off waivers and signing a 25 year old outfielder named Nick Plummer who's never sniffed the big leagues. So glad Eppler is the Mets problem now. Mets fan will be pissed when he claims 10 bullpen arms off waivers and calls it good like he did with us.

Gross!

On 11/24/2021 at 3:41 PM, asuangelsfan05 said:

So since Eppler has taken over in NY, Syndergaard and Loup have both bolted for here and Matz has gone to St Louis. Eppler has responded by claiming Antonio Santos off waivers and signing a 25 year old outfielder named Nick Plummer who's never sniffed the big leagues lol. So glad Eppler is the Mets problem now. Mets fan will be pissed when he claims 10 bullpen arms off waivers and calls it good like he did with us.

Eppler is a solid development guy posing as a GM.